Raise your hand if you have not played a scenario from the Forgotten War module

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I haven't...didn't buy it...just a little outside my area of interest and cash threshold.

mi80j

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Who has not played a scenario from the Forgotten War module?
If so why not?
Bought it after reading the "Task Force Faith Breakout" AAR.
Opened it, skimmed through the rules, checked out the maps, the counters, the scenarios, and am loving every minute of it.
Have not yet played any scenarios because I am way too deep into other ASL stuff and other wargames.
But, I plan to play several of the scenarios soon.
Have three of your packs, btw, and have played several scenarios from them.
Each scenario of yours that we played was more fun than the last!
Quick, fast, smooth... and utterly enjoyable.
Thanks.

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just hasn't come up yet, no I have not played anything from FW. I have played 500+ scenarios, probably in the neighborhood of 600 total, maybe 650 if you throw in SL through GI: Anvil of Victory.

1) Played nothing from OtO
2) Same for Objective: Schmidt
3) Same for BR: Tarawa
4) Same for Thunderbolts (or whatever that HoB pack is)
5) Same for "Few Returned"

D) Probably some others including some Rally Points, Action Packs, Journals and the like.
E) Still more where I have only played 1-2 scenarios from the pack/module.

As a recent flurry of scenarios and two CG's of "Fortress Cassino" have taught me, they will all go down as good purchases at some point.

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, where is the usual ad with the descriptions and price$. ????

I'm ready!

RevJJ

Malf'ers of the Universe
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have not purchased it. Neither has my regular opponent. I have way more ASL product than I have time to play already and the module is not of particular interest to me from a historical perspective.

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Rally Point #15: Special Study I of the Korean War will be released on 8/23/18. That's tomorrow.
This pack is an important milestone on the acceptation/rejection of the KTO among the community. We'll see how an experienced designer has translated the new set of rules into tournament-compatible scenarios.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
This pack is an important milestone on the acceptation/rejection of the KTO among the community. We'll see how an experienced designer has translated the new set of rules into tournament-compatible scenarios.
the folks who designed FW scenarios are experienced designers as well who have already "translated" the new set of rules into scenarios?

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
the folks who designed FW scenarios are experienced designers as well who have already "translated" the new set of rules into scenarios?
FW scenarios are rather on the long side, not a criticism, it's often the case for core modules, but there will be the possibility to test KTO at ASLOK with tournament-size ones (for those attending and interested in KTO). Unless the Rally Point ones are as long as FW ones but that would be a break with Schwerpunkt tradition.

Steve E7

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I didn't mind the night actions nor the FW rules,
I didn't care for the boards. They are of course appropriate for the module, and the art is very nice. But just had no desire to play on them.
Hoping to see some interesting board layouts for any FW scenarios you design.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I thought it was washing machine charlie lol

I’m waiting for the scenario where all you have is a 40mm AA gun, a S. Korean crew, and a 6+1 US SMC and you have to shoot down a N. Korean plane trying to bomb an ammo dump. It’s scenario name is “5 o’clock Charlie”.

nebel

Share and Enjoy
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
FW is on my no fly list... Opened it up and was disappointed - long complicated chromy rules - night scenarios and less than interesting looking scenarios.

I think this release landed somewhere near the level of Haakaaaaaa Palle for priority (that's was the bottom of my list).

Averaging nearly a game a week this year and too much other good stuff to play. SO for example Haaten has already been broken in on my game table.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I have not.

For a variety of reasons:

• Need to punch (and more importantly) come up with the solution how to store them - separate from the other stuff or integrated. Labels need to be made, too.
  • Many new rules. Before I indulge in Korea, I'd rather spend my time to (re-)learn Night or to learn DTO before that.
  • Time period. Korea is after WW2 the latter of which my interest is centered on.
  • Time. Period. Only so much free hours in a day...
von Marwitz