Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Can the OP confirm that a batch of scenarios (either in Schwerpunkt or Rally Point) for the KTO is to be released just in time for ASLOK?

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Five pages on a nationality in a theater of operations that lasted just over two years seems like overkill to me. The IJA I can see have numerous rules due to fighting for over 10 years, but the rules on Chinese just seems way overboard. The scenarios I thought were sort of grindy with one side or the other just sitting in place in most cases. Nice package for sure but due to how over the top complicated the FW rules are, and mind you, we all ready have core rules that are complicated too.

I share your feelings regarding the Chinese. I was taken aback by that rules section.

macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
Hi my 2 cents is that it’s very different product and having played a few twice- there are definitely tactical differences as well as the no fun Chinese platoon moves - the two I played with that was tough on Chinese- about to play Centurions and I am still feeling the run across the hills and die
Rob:)

hayman

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Hand raised; I'm just getting back into playing the Japanese after a few years avoiding the PTO.

I'll get on top of the Pacific battles before I journey into Korea (I bought the module months ago, and have only read through Chapter H so far).

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Not yet, but my ftf play is way down just now due yo work. Once that calms down, I will be playing some.

Tom Morin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I haven't yet, but only because I am limited to VASL most of the time, and the Korean counter mdx. and boards have not been published yet. I'll get it to the table at some point. It certainly looks like fun.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Too many other packs to play scenarios from and playtesting some crackers

Last edited:

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No, I have not played any scenario from Forgotten War because I haven't opened it yet because I am still sorting counters but had to stop that because I am waiting for Armies of the Oblivious but it has not been reprinted yet (ask MMP why not because I don't know) and I want to know how it might affect my sorting scheme.

Is that a good answer?
There is at least one small scenario in which you do not have to punch any of the new counters (U.S. vs NKPA -uses Russians from BV)

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
There is at least one small scenario in which you do not have to punch any of the new counters (U.S. vs NKPA -uses Russians from BV)
ASL 208 The Grist Mill? That got played at the ST. Louis tournament a couple of times in the last, 5th, round.

Cult.44

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Raising hand.

I haven't read the rules or played a KWASL scenario largely because I haven't mustered the gumption to tackle it. Other interests keep intruding.