Raiders of the Lost Ark

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I want to see a movie about a funny Gestapo agent, I am sure they must have had some. Cristoph Waltz can star.
It's not "about" a funny Gestapo agent, but in Jojo Rabbit by Taika Waititi (released in 2019; it's still playing in my local cinema), there's a scene with a bunch of Gestapo agents that's pretty funny. Well, parts of it at least. And not everybody wants to see a comedy on Nazi Germany; my wife didn't want to see it so I went alone.

aiabx

Same as it ever was
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Did none of you people ever read comic books? The Nazis always had secret weapons and secret bases and giant swastika banners everywhere. I thought Raiders was an outstanding homage to comics and adventure serials, and that fact that nothing Indy did made the slightest difference in the end is just icing on the cake.

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Did none of you people ever read comic books? The Nazis always had secret weapons and secret bases and giant swastika banners everywhere. I thought Raiders was an outstanding homage to comics and adventure serials, and that fact that nothing Indy did made the slightest difference in the end is just icing on the cake.
A little off thread but my favorite scene from Raiders is when the German submarine surfaces at its destination Indy jumps off the hull and swims on.