Raging Tiger AAR: Turn of Events

Arno

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Hi guys,

I just bought RT today and decided to try out a scenario from day 1 of the Korean campaign.

While I still have to figure out many aspects of the game, I had a great time playing through this scenario. So here is my account of what happened: (sorry for the bad english and the quasi-military lingo :D )

http://www.yourfileupload.com/file.php?file=fd3638f57946a1a8d7915a343aaf6b99

I hope you enjoy the AAR, once I get more familiar with the game, I will try to write up more detailed AARs.

Thanks to Curt for the scenario!

Cheers
Arno

PS Comments and suggestions both regarding the AAR and my tactics in the game are much appreciated!!!

z1812

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi Arno,

I would like to read your AAR but I am reluctant to download from that site.
Yes I am paranoid about virus's. Hehe there it is.

Would you consider posting it here?

Regards John

Arno

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Hi John,

first of all, thanks for your interest :)

I would post it here, but my AARs are PDF files which can't be posted directly here. (I write them in MS Word and add screenshots and stuff like that) I'm always looking around for reliable file hosting sites, and so far I didn't have any problems with this one. (Aside from the sleazy style of the site :D )

I guess since I'm a Mac user, I don't think about viruses that often ;)

If you want, I can email you the file directly (if you got some kind of anti-virus program you should be able to check if my email contains anything dangerous) Let me know if that would suit you.

I guess I will also surf the net for a more respectable looking file host :smoke: Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

If anyone knows a good hosting site, I'd appreciate the help!

Cheers
Arno

EDIT: I looked around and file a bigger file host that seems a more respectable... in case anyone feels more safe there, here is the download link:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/94f92d/

Enjoy!

Last edited:

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Arno,

I would like to read your AAR but I am reluctant to download from that site.
Yes I am paranoid about virus's. Hehe there it is.

Would you consider posting it here?

Regards John
If you have an on-demand virus scanner, there shouldn't be a problem. If you DON'T have an on-demand virus scanner, I wouldn't even be on the internet if I were you!;)

JamesBailey

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi John,
(Aside from the sleazy style of the site :D )

Enjoy!
I enjoyed that site :devious: YummyChick67 was, well, yummy! :laugh:

Seriously, I will have a few value-added comments for you Arno on your AAR once I get a spare few minutes. Good work on it.

z1812

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi Arno,

Thanks for sending me the AAR. I quite enjoyed reading it. It seems to me you deployed forces very well.

I was wondering how the A.I. used their Hinds. Did you see much of them and were they aggressive?

Regards John

Arno

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Thanks!

The hinds attacked me once (forgot about that in the AAR, sorry) and caused some losses mostly among the commanding vehicles that I had left in the OBJs. They worried me a little as my ADA vehicles kept firing at them and only after about a minute I managed to shoot one of them down.

Apart from that one attack, though, they didn't cause much trouble.

I'm glad you enjoyed the aar!

Cheers
Arno

JamesBailey

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm glad you enjoyed the aar!

Cheers
Arno
Arno - I did enjoy the AAR, a lot. Thanks for taking the time to type it up and posting.

(1) the decisive terrain is that axis running thru your AO North/South. In the hilly, broken terrain, it is the fastest route to NOAH. Directly covering that axis you have a plt of MBTs (4x) and a IFV plus some dismounts and wire obstacles.
(2) this axis and BPs are exposed to the East by a cross-country path that turns South and parallels the highway. You have 1 MBT, 1 IFV and a dismount covering. These forces are generally isolated, not supporting each other.
(3) So, between these two axes, which are key to the position, you have 5x MBTs, 2x IFVs, and several dismount teams and obstacles.

Do you think you could have held that if the enemy hit you with all of his 50+ MBTs, artillery and Hinds? If you lose 1 or 2 MBTs from your current deployed force group, the position becomes untenable. Perhaps you could get some forces from into flanking positions, but you would have to move them, racing the North Koreans to get to good firing positions and might not have holes to fight in. I would have hit both of those axes with 4x Hinds each, followed by the BTRs (4x each axis), then hit identified positions with DPICM as I committed 40x of my tanks on the weaker one and 20x on the other as a supporting attack. Total time 30 minutes.

So I would say: (1) you need more of your forces deployed in prepared BPs covering the decisive terrain, (2) you need a reserve, (3) and you fund these two points by weakening your heavy forces on the flank (there is only 1 spot on the west flank you need forces in and the east flank can be covered by Dragons and IFVs).

Just my two cents to make your defenses tougher. Great work on that AAR!

Arno

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Hi James!

Thanks so much for your suggestions... I actually printed them out and will go over them later on. At first glance, you seem right on the money, my western flank was way too weak! This time I lucked out as the enemy ran right into my strongest positions, but this is no excuse :D

Actually (I am a little ashamed) I had those nice phaselines in mind and kinda thought the enemy would also stay in those boundaries :D So once I spotted the enemy happily moving outside my PLs I really got into a sweat and had to reinforce the western flank on the run :eek:

Thanks for your interest,
take care
Arno

Arno

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Yeah, it's not really fair to expect the enemy to stick to my plan if he isn't even told about it, is it ?! :D

Cheers
Arno