Raging Tiger AAR: The Breach

Arno

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Hi guys!

Today I played the scenario "The Breach" from Day 1 of the Korea Campaign. My units have to cross the DMZ and secure a town and an airfield north-west of the DMZ.

As this was my second RT scenario I am still learning many things on the go (f.e. the fact that I did have air support at my disposal only registered about halfway through the scen :D ) but overall it went quite well.

Anyway, I had a great time and learned a lot about the game during this scenario. Here is the link for the PDF:

http://www.yourfileupload.com/file.php?file=d259569f4545b3a2f09752ef7dc095ea

Thanks to Curt and Pat for the game,
I hope you will enjoy my AAR!

Cheers
Arno

Arno

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
You know James, there are sites on the WWW that offer stuff like Art Kitty and her friends without all that wargame crap... just an idea :laugh:

Seriously, thanks for your interest in my AARs, I appreciate it!

Take care,
Arno

JamesBailey

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You know James, there are sites on the WWW that offer stuff like Art Kitty and her friends without all that wargame crap... just an idea :laugh:

LOL!!! etw. ist lustig :laugh:

I have printed your BREACH AAR and will give it a read and post any comments I have here. Looked like you scored a decisive victory in that battle!

Arno

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Well thanks, but I think I screwed up my attack on OBJ FREEBIRD... too many casualties against a not particulary strong position (Thunderbolts and Apaches had taken out most of the defenders)

I don't really know how to attack in this game... there are so many functions that so far I sometimes feel a little lost ;) But once I get a little more time I will work it out :smoke: Maybe I just should have brought my reserve armor into the fight... I was too eager to finish this mission quickly and a little cocky I guess :eek: Only losers need reinforcements :eek:gre:

Anyway, I finally got my good old gaming laptop repaired and now I could even think about getting AATF :D I just tried out the Demo and it worked perfectly. I guess I will allow my bank account to regroup and then I will strike :laugh:

Last edited:

JamesBailey

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Arno-

You now understand why the US Army loves the Warthog. She is ugly - Tom Cruise would never make a movie flying one of these things - but, boy, she is mean in a street fight :bite: I have seen that 30mm cannon at work in Afghanistan and still have nightmares about it :devious:

I'd say to you on this one that you used your AH-64s poorly. That airframe can't stand-up to AAA. Its big advantages are its radar and the stand-off range of its rack of Hellfires. You need to exploit that more in this scenario. This means you don't recon with them, or if you do, you do it using the long-range radar outside of likely ADA fire arcs. This might mean you need to put more of your grunts at risk, at least until you have identified the enemy's MLR. Also, ADA is number 1 priority target for your guns - every Paladin fires its most destructive ordance at any ADA until its KIA. Strip the enemy of its AAA and they are easy prey when you have over 150 Hellfires and five thousand 30mm Avenger rounds.

Arno

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Hi James!

Sorry, I completely forgot to reply to your analysis... shame on me :nervous:

Anyway, your comments were (again) right on the money! Thanks for pointing out the Apache issue, I'm replaying the scenario right now and try to do better.
So far, I have been pounding the enemy's ADA vehicles and arty batteries for over an hour and just sent in Apaches and Thunderbolts to clean up the rest. The UAVs (didn't know I had them on my first try) did a very good job scouting out their positions. My ground forces will advance soon, but I think I'll catch some sleep first :D

Thanks so much for your suggestions!

Cheers
Arno