Raff's Rules question

Paolo Cariolato

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Need answer ASAP.
I'm playing J193 Raff's Rule by Michael Koch.
It's last American turn. I've captured one of the 105s, the other one is unpossessed in a hex with a German squad and leader.
The VC state that American wins immediately if both 105s are eliminated/captured.
I've no SW left except a MMG, it's any way for the American to capture or eliminate the GUN at this point? A4.44 states that recovery can happen only during RPh/MPh, so it seem that even if American forces enter the GUN hex and eliminate the German infantry thee is no way to capture the GUN. Any idea?

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
I can't see how you could do it short of somehow blowing it up. But you said you only have a MMG left...

...Pat yourself on the back, though, for giving your opponent a nail-biter of a great game!

Last edited:

Paolo Cariolato

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
If it's as you said, Basically for the Germans is better not to recover the GUN in order not to risk That a 1 in CC destroy it, find it strange that if I void the hex, enter it in advance and not be able to capture a GUN while I can capture an abandoned AFV.

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
Wait! What phase of the turn is it? For some reason I assumed you were already past your MPh. But obviously, if it is the beginning of your turn (i.e., the American turn), you could conceivably "remove" the Germans in PFPh. If you did that, you can recover the Gun with sufficient troops/MFs...

...Too obvious?

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Possible sw destruction, but I think the gun might need to be possessed for that?

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think your goose is cooked.

Sounds like a nailbiter of a playing.