Radioless Shermans in KGP?

Beseler

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi,

getting ready for a match of KGP1, shadows of death, and the roar, 14-6 for the Amis, has me checking out the balance. Such a low number of playings doesnt mean much, but why not.

Balance: The four Shermans are to be radioless...

Now, this looks good for balancing, but I just have to ask: is there any precendent for radioless Shermans anywhere during the Battle of the Bulge?

If not, I imagine one could simply say there was extra confusion, as this is a night battle...(yes, I'm one of those types that tends to want some historical explanation for such aspects of a battle.)

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not a history expert but;

As I recall, the Tank Battalion in question had just come up to the battle area, and drew its tanks from repair depots. They called themsleves the "Bastard Tanks." (Vehicles nobody else wanted.)

Thus maybe you could speculate some of them did not have functioning radios....

Victor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I played this a few months back and lost as the Americans with incredible doses of bad luck...all night related bad luck. Turns one and two starshell total: 1..and yes it scattered to be irrelevant. By turn 3 I believe we were down to NVR 0. Americans were creamed...not even close. Very embarrassing considering ROAR stats. My playing was a perfect example of how the fickleness of NVR/starshells can have a huge impact on a game.

Beseler

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
yes, an AAR on this one at socalasl indicates the incredible variation this one should have.

Further to the idea of not worrying about the balance...