Racist taunts rife in Army, former trainee soldier says

last_cav1971

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Honestly...I can only consider this one man as a friend......I know what I say sounds cliche. I am, for the most part, a recluse. He and I were friends when I was able to work. Since I no longer leave the house unless absolutely necessary, I dont have any friends, nor do I wish to try to make any more friends. This is the first time I have said anything about my condition, and what happens? When I feel comfortable enough to almost talk about it, this happens..........oh well.

Mark
Deo Vindice

BigMik1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Still sounds cliche!!:) I remember the Seinfeld episode when George was trying to find a Black friend. Now that was funny!!

BigMik1

SGT Long

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I cant honestly say I have any real black friends in the sense that we hang out outside of work. I dont think this is a bad thing so that would qualify as racist to some. I just think different groups should be happy in being different than stressing over it.

Is this wrong?

eyemo

ACG Staff Photographer
Reaction score
Country
ll
Hi BigMik1,
Sorry to crash in and drag you off at a tangent, but I'm hoping you may be able to help me.
I have a friend who was very friendly with Black GIs stationed in Wales UK during WWII. My friend is a very skilled jazz musician and has played with the best, but it was these Guys that started him playing.

Would you be able to advise me on if there is such a thing as a WWII Black GIs Veterans association? As I would like to trace his friends for him (I know it's a long shot).

Kind regards,
Seimon Pugh-Jones
Photographer for Armchair General Magazine

last_cav1971

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
SGT Long said:
I cant honestly say I have any real black friends in the sense that we hang out outside of work. I dont think this is a bad thing so that would qualify as racist to some. I just think different groups should be happy in being different than stressing over it.

Is this wrong?
That, in my opinion, is no where close to being a racist.

I dont see anything wrong with it.

Mark
Deo Vindice

Janos

Reaction score
Combat Military Training Center, Hohenfels, Bavari
Country
llUnited States
SGT Long said:

Is this wrong?
Not by me. I don't believe in quotas in work or play. Should I have 12% black friends and 13% hispanic? That's ridiculous. I chose my friends based on how much I enjoy being with them, not based on race...and they come from all races. If I don't like someone, it's not due to their race or religion, it's because they're a pain in the :eek:

Dano

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I never understood how someones skin color made them different from anyone else?

I only judge by actions

last_cav1971

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Janos said:
Not by me. I don't believe in quotas in work or play. Should I have 12% black friends and 13% hispanic? That's ridiculous. I chose my friends based on how much I enjoy being with them, not based on race...and they come from all races. If I don't like someone, it's not due to their race or religion, it's because they're a pain in the :eek:

Ditto........same here.

Mark
Deo Vindice