Race for the Meuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Novice question on the water depicted on the map (especially the Sure river). Are these rivers or streams or canals, or something else? Despite the name (i.e., Sure river) I don't see anything about depth or current nor do I see gully depiction. So, I am not sure if these are supposed to represent rivers or streams. In the first scenario (with the bridge destroyed) this seems to me a big question to settle before set up (i.e., do the Germans have any possibility to cross the Sure). Thanks for any information.

Last edited:

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Novice question on the water depicted on the map (especially the Sure river). Are these rivers or streams or canals, or something else? Despite the name (i.e., Sure river) I don't see anything about depth or current nor do I see gully depiction. So, I am not sure if these are supposed to represent rivers or streams. In the first scenario (with the bridge destroyed) this seems to me a big question to settle before set up (i.e., do the Germans have any possibility to cross the Sure). Thanks for any information.
TM 3 - TERRAIN: The Sûre River is Fordable by infantry (B21.41) with a Slow Current moving to the east; all Streams are Shallow (B20.42) and all bridges are One-Lane Stone (B6.43-.431)

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Got mine last week. I love the map. One of LCP best work to date. Thanks, guys.

lt_steiner

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
What is the height of the Steeple location in RM NN26? 1st level?
And can a unit advance into a hex through a barbed wire fence hexside?
Great map btw.

Last edited:

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The Steeple in NN26 has a ground level and 1st level; it over all height is 1.5 level

B31.2 STEEPLE: A building hex with a black center dot in a white cross (EX: 46AA7) denotes a church with a Steeple Location in that hex—i.e., an additional building Location, with an inherent stairwell leading to it from ground level, above what would otherwise be the highest building Location of that hex. Except as stated otherwise, a Steeple Location is treated as a normal building Location [EXC: it cannot be Fortified, has no Rooftop Location, and the +1 drm for stone rubble determination (24.11) is NA]. Each building Location in the hex beneath the Steeple Location is a normal building Location in all respects.

Barbed Wire: Yes, but with some exceptions

RM B6.3 MF COST: Infantry must pay one MF plus COT to cross a barbed-wire-fence hexside unless using Armored Assault (D9.31), in which case only COT applies. No currently-CX Infantry may cross a barbed-wire-fence hexside.

lt_steiner

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Barbed Wire: Yes, but with some exceptions

RM B6.3 MF COST: Infantry must pay one MF plus COT to cross a barbed-wire-fence hexside unless using Armored Assault (D9.31), in which case only COT applies. No currently-CX Infantry may cross a barbed-wire-fence hexside.
Another question on the barbed wire fence and its possible interaction with motorcycles : per D15.47, motorcycles are not subject to bog and per RM B6.5 the barbed wire fence has no effect on MP costs other than a possible bog. Does it mean that motorcycles can cross barbed wire hexsides without any problem whereas another vehicle may bog?

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Another question on the barbed wire fence and its possible interaction with motorcycles : per D15.47, motorcycles are not subject to bog and per RM B6.5 the barbed wire fence has no effect on MP costs other than a possible bog. Does it mean that motorcycles can cross barbed wire hexsides without any problem whereas another vehicle may bog?
P3.3 MP COST & BOG: Barbed wire has no effect on MP costs; however, no motorcycle may cross a barbed-wire-fence hexside.

lt_steiner

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
P3.3 MP COST & BOG: Barbed wire has no effect on MP costs; however, no motorcycle may cross a barbed-wire-fence hexside.
Thank you. It makes sense of course. But I could not see that sentence anywhere in the RM rules. ?

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Thank you. It makes sense of course. But I could not see that sentence anywhere in the RM rules. ?
I see an ERRATA to RM B6.5 MP Cost and BOG: the red text will be added to the rules:

RM B6.5 MP COST and BOG: Barbed wire has no effect on MP costs; however, no motorcycle may cross a barbed-wire-fence hexside. Each vehicle that crosses a Barbed Wire hexside must undergo a Bog DR, in addition to any other Bog Checks required for entry of the Location. If it Bogs, it is left in the hex it was attempting to enter. (If it Bogs twice, due to both crossing a barbed-wire-fence hexside and other terrain in the hex, mark it with a Mired – not a Bog – counter). The only DRM (A.17) that can apply to a barbed-wire Bog Check are +1 DRM if the vehicle is not fully tracked, and/or a +2 DRM if the vehicle has Truck-type MP expenditure.

Status
Not open for further replies.