Race for the Meuse

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
My wife shakes her head too, although she does get the research angle.
I keep telling myself that it's all research material too :D I keep saying I'm going to get at least one scenario out of them but I seem to have hit a wall at the moment as I haven't been working on writing scenarios for ages, need to get back into it (course, the only problem is finding people to help out with playtesting them)

I dunno though, stuff just piles up, I have a ton of heavy metal CD's too and movies on DVD/Bluray the stuff just takes over my flat (but not to the extent it did once before when my friends held an 'intervention' gulp')

I just ordered a copy of 'Island of Fire', as well, preordered on Amazon. Now that it's out at an affordable price (still kinda expensive though, it's just over 30 quid) I figured I had to have a copy

ASL1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
RACE FOR THE MEUSE: In the early morning hours of 10 May 1940, a single code-word “Danzig” was transmitted to German forces and at 04.30 hours, German panzers rumbled westward across the border into the Low Countries, heralding the start of the Blitzkrieg in the West. Without encountering significant obstacles, the reconnaissance elements of the 1.Panzerdivision raced across Luxembourg, crossing the 50 kilometres, even before the inhabitants were awake, and reaching the Belgian frontier at Martelange at 07.45 hours. An Advance Guard, consisting of a motorcycle company, an engineer company, an anti-aircraft battery, two anti-tank companies, two companies of infantry, and four groups of artillery raced westward in the early morning hours. The German plan foresaw an attack on Martelange by Marschgruppe Voraus – a motorcycle company supported by armoured cars - then an attack on Bodange by the entire Advance Guard. Closely following up, engineers were to repair bridges, remove roadblocks, and clear minefields for the main body of 1.Panzerdivision. After the capture of Bodange, the commander of the Advance Guard was to reassemble his forces in the area of Fauvillers, keeping the roads open for the panzer forces, while watching south towards the Anlier Forest for the expected French.

Playtesting is continuing with a hopeful release in the summer 2018. Here is an example of the map.

View attachment 4357
Whoo hoo! .. looking forward to more 1940 action

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My wife is convinced that the corner of my apartment where my book shelves/stacks are will eventually break off and crash into the sea below ..
Dunno about that, but your game/book collection does seem to be impacting the rotation of the earth. Keep buying more and we might fly out of our stable orbit around the sun.