Raaco Insert 3D printed

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I purchased three of these from 3D Hubs and set one up for vehicle info counters (similar to the picure in Stan's initial post of this thread). It saved the space of four Raaco inserts which helped a lot on our small table. It worked fine with 6" curved tweezers to pick the counters out. Overall a big improvement over my old setup, it was easy to pick out the NO APCR and NO SMOKE counters we needed for the game. So many thanks to Steve and Stan.

Jacksons

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I purchased three of these from 3D Hubs and set one up for vehicle info counters (similar to the picure in Stan's initial post of this thread). It saved the space of four Raaco inserts which helped a lot on our small table. It worked fine with 6" curved tweezers to pick the counters out. Overall a big improvement over my old setup, it was easy to pick out the NO APCR and NO SMOKE counters we needed for the game. So many thanks to Steve and Stan.
I will be at ASLOK this year and will have both the 6x4 array and the 7x5 array for $5 each. Let me know if you need more so I can have them available?
This is a much cheaper price than I have found any where else for contract printing.

Stan

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's a great price unfortunately I won't be at ASLOK. Thanks for offering.

takai

Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
I‘m looking for an stl file for a tray of larger counters, does somebody have one to share? Thank you so much.

Jacksons

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine

I believe that this design could be improved by adding gaps at the places indicated by the red circles.

This way, one could retrieve the counters in the "corner" positions with pincers which would currently to be troublesome and require a suction-tool.

von Marwitz

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Using scissors, I've trimmed these 7x5 inserts to 1/3 height (to be the same height as the vehicle 4x6 inserts in this thread http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/3d-vehicles-files-for-your-use-caveat-emptor.129501/).

The 1/3 height is easier to access and has less space in each compartment for the counters to "bounce around" as happens when I transport my Raacos to game days. Also, I've cut out the nub at the bottom between the inserts to make it easier for the tweezers to manipulate the bottom 2 counters.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Use a suction tool instead of tweezers guys then they come out easy

Fiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I used that design and added slits in each corners to make corner storage more acccesible.