Raaco HandyBox and trays

Trade Systems

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
I have today received notification that on the 10th September 2012 we will receive over 500 Raaco PSC4-01 empty trays with smooth lids, I have also requested Handles & catches in different colours
Red, Blue, Orange and Black
This will enable us to supply the trays with the half height inserts A71, A73, A75, A78 without the lids bowing.
It is our intention to offer these tray either empty or with any combination of inserts.
As we have received a lot of interest for these from this forum we wanted to ensure ASL customer receive the best possible prices & service

What combinations should we offer or should we just let individuals choose there own combinations.
Should we offer trays alone or the complete HandyBox
Once we have your feedback we will then create a voucher code to ensure you receive the best possible prices for Raaco products

Thanks

Mike Payne (Trade Systems) Kingston Upon Thames, UK

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I have today received notification that on the 10th September 2012 we will receive over 500 Raaco PSC4-01 empty trays with smooth lids, I have also requested Handles & catches in different colours
Red, Blue, Orange and Black
This will enable us to supply the trays with the half height inserts A71, A73, A75, A78 without the lids bowing.
It is our intention to offer these tray either empty or with any combination of inserts.
As we have received a lot of interest for these from this forum we wanted to ensure ASL customer receive the best possible prices & service

What combinations should we offer or should we just let individuals choose there own combinations.
Should we offer trays alone or the complete HandyBox
Once we have your feedback we will then create a voucher code to ensure you receive the best possible prices for Raaco products

Thanks

Mike Payne (Trade Systems) Kingston Upon Thames, UK
Hi Mike,

Thanks for sourcing the PSC4-01 with the smooth lids. I ordered a shipment of PSC5-01 and PSC6-01 from your shop earlier this year. I would certainly be interested in the PSC4-01 now that you have them with the smooth lid.

Player preferences vary.
The most common combinations are 4 x A78 and 12 x A75 per PSC4-01. However, I and a few others prefer to use mainly A78s with a handful of A71, A73, and A75 for certain applications.

Many players also like to purchase 4 x PSC4-01 with the carry case. So you may want to consider bundling a carry case with four service cases.

As for the contents of the service cases, I suppose you could go with fixed sets. I personally would prefer to have the option of swapping out A75 inserts for A78s, and the odd A73 or A71. But given that most people will likely use A75 and A78, I think you can get a good idea of how many inserts to stock based on the proportions above.
Perhaps 70% A75, 25% A78, 4% A73, and 1% A71 would work.

Will we be able to have these shipped directly to Canada or the USA?
At the time there was no option for shipping outside the EU when I ordered online. I had to have my order shipped to an address in the UK and then forwarded to Canada from there.

Hope that helps,

Chris Doary
battleschool @ rogers dot com
P.S. Thanks too to Todd Banister for helping to get the ball rolling with this. :)

Trade Systems

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
Hi Chris
Thanks for your help
I have been looking at various options for shipping direct to the US & Canada.
A single Handybox complete with 4 PSC4-01 with 16 half height inserts per tray
weight 7.5kg. Size of carton when packed: 43cm x 37cm x 33cm (the actual handybox complete is 5.9kg + packaging
It appears the cheapest options for shipping to the USA & Canada are:
1 Unit : £50.50 , 2 Units : £67.56 , 3 Units : £99.34 , 4 Units : £125.92
These prices are via FedEx
We are carrying large stocks of all the inserts so should be able to ship within 3 days, FedEx quote 4 days for shipping.
The website won't allow orders outside the EU so I will create a dedicated email address and then payments can be made via paypal
email: asl@tradesystems.co.uk
Mike

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Hi Chris
Thanks for your help
weight 7.5kg. Size of carton when packed: 43cm x 37cm x 33cm (the actual handybox complete is 5.9kg + packaging
We are carrying large stocks of all the inserts so should be able to ship within 3 days, FedEx quote 4 days for shipping.
The website won't allow orders outside the EU so I will create a dedicated email address and then payments can be made via paypal
Mike
Now this is what I call customer service!!! Think my next orders for inserts and things will be through these guys!

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am not yet in a position to acquire RAACO, but when I am I will be looking to order through you/

Very nice of you to offer discount to those of us here, esp. so far across the pond.

Thumbs up.

Srynerson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Very nice of you to offer discount to those of us here, esp. so far across the pond.
I viewed it more as a crack dealer saying, "Hey kid, let me cut you a deal on your first hit." :smoke:

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I viewed it more as a crack dealer saying, "Hey kid, let me cut you a deal on your first hit." :smoke:
I am immune. For years* I stored my ASL kit in 'baggies' and guys teased me as 'the drug lord of ASL'...

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi Chris
Thanks for your help
Mike
My pleasure Mike,

Thanks for sourcing the coloured latches and handles too. I will be availing myself of those in my next order.

Re shipping options, and apart for the bigger names like DHL, is Parcel Force a viable option?

Chris

Trade Systems

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
Parcel Force seem to be really expense they are quoting global value service 5/9 days at over £90.00
which is a shame as there is a post office next door to us. I will speak to the postmaster on Monday about alternatives.
I wouldn't want to use the 30 day cheaper service as they don't offer tracking so they might lose some parcels.

Hipsu

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Will you sell those smooth lids, or colored handles separately? I bought a handybox from you earlier with the bowing lids, so I'd need four. And those colored handles.. I'm thinking they might work as color codes (German units in blue, British in orange, etc) although there are too few colors.

As to the inset distribution, I use more A78s (maybe 70%) than A75s (30%). But I'm just one sample.

Last edited:

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Now this is what I call customer service!!! Think my next orders for inserts and things will be through these guys!
I have used them every time for my three sets of handy boxes, the service and packaging has been top draw each time. Can not recomend them enough

Ian

ASRomafan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Parcel Force seem to be really expense they are quoting global value service 5/9 days at over £90.00
which is a shame as there is a post office next door to us. I will speak to the postmaster on Monday about alternatives.
I wouldn't want to use the 30 day cheaper service as they don't offer tracking so they might lose some parcels.
something else you might consider, as a long term solution. Try finding a US distributor for your products. I see Farnell has a US distributor through which you can get Raaco and shipping costs are significantly lowered.

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
something else you might consider, as a long term solution. Try finding a US distributor for your products. I see Farnell has a US distributor through which you can get Raaco and shipping costs are significantly lowered.
To a limited extent, Raaco has begun to do this by partnering with Tanos (Systainer), Festool, and other producers. But frankly, production and shipping costs will invariably make Raaco less attractive to most North American consumers. Racco will likely remain a niche market for some time to come. Even if shipping were not an issue, how many ASL players, let alone average North American consumers, would pay more than $20.00 for one service case? Plano and Flambeau, for example, offer much cheaper (in both senses of the word) alternatives.

But hey, if you can convince Raaco to set up shop in North America, please do. :)

In the meantime, I am happy to have easier access to Raaco than heretofor.

YMMV

ASRomafan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To a limited extent, Raaco has begun to do this by partnering with Tanos (Systainer), Festool, and other producers. But frankly, production and shipping costs will invariably make Raaco less attractive to most North American consumers. Racco will likely remain a niche market for some time to come. Even if shipping were not an issue, how many ASL players, let alone average North American consumers, would pay more than $20.00 for one service case? Plano and Flambeau, for example, offer much cheaper (in both senses of the word) alternatives.

But hey, if you can convince Raaco to set up shop in North America, please do. :)

In the meantime, I am happy to have easier access to Raaco than heretofor.

YMMV
I can be persuasive I suppose :laugh:

You are of course a 100% on the money. Raaco will never suddenly become cheap, however it can be made to be had cheaper and easier. Anything that drops the pain threshold from prohibitably expensive to merely expensive is a good thing isn't it :laugh: It is a niche however if they (be it Raaco directly or Trade Systems) managed to do what Farnell did and get a US distributor where you paid a flat 20 dollar shipping fee. Then you eliminate one of the two main expenses to getting Raaco in the states.

Raaco itself will never be cheap, however I would venture a guess it is the shipping that really turns people away. Just thinking to that thread about the guy trying to get his system counters in order. How many Plano's is he going to need. 2 or 3. And that involves stacking many different (yet similar) counters together. So the cost per box for Raaco is higher, but you cut down on the actual number of boxes which brings the actual unit prices somewhat closer. If shipping is severely reduced, perhaps Raaco might be a bit less of a niche product. :)

Trade Systems

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
All Raaco products are available on our website : http://www.tradesystems.co.uk/acatalog/raaco-storage-products.html

We will be supplying the Handybox & Individual service case with half height inserts at special prices.
1 x HandyBox complete with 4 Service case complete with inserts for £54.95.
1 x service case with any combination of inserts for £12.50.
Shipping will have to be charged at cost (sorry).
Orders outside the EU are VAT Exempt (import duties may apply) - Orders with the EU add 20% VAT(No import duties payable)
The cheapest shipping quote to the USA & Canada so far for a Handybox complete @ Weight 7.5kg , Dimensions: 43cm x 37cm x 33cm = £39.50.

If you need additional info please email me: asl@tradesystems.co.uk

Mike

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hey folks .. I just checked with Mike Payne @ Trade Systems ..

"We can still supply the unit at £59.53"

"I have attached a link to our website showing the HandyBox complete.
Our site currently only operates in the UK but we can ship worldwide.

http://www.tradesystems.co.uk/acatalog/info_1196.html

You can choose any combination of inserts including the half height inserts link below:

http://www.tradesystems.co.uk/acatalog/raaco-inserts.html

ASL gamers usually choose a combination of A75 and A78 inserts (16 per case - total 64 inserts) but providing your selection fits the cases we can supply any combination.

Regards

Mike"

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Hm, that makes me think to actually switch to RAACO and to dump my older, rather unwieldy stuff.

Probably there are zillions of other threads about it going into minuscule detail, but just to get a rough idea from the RAACO experts:

How many of those RAACO HandyBoxes with 64 inserts per HandyBox are required to comfortably fit "one set" of the ASL core modules' counters and half a dozen HASLs?

von Marwitz