R. Lee Ermey's "Mail Call"

Bariman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was just watching R. Lee Ermey's show "Mail Call" on the history channel. There was a bit about the WWII Jerry Can, the heavy-duty fuel container the Afrika Korps used. Apparently, these fuel cans were so good they were adopted by the British and American militaries. He said that some of our NATO allies are still using them today to haul around their favorite beverage, and demonstrated by pouring some wine into a glass. :cool:

After sharing that French joke, I was wondering if anybody else watches that show, and if they had a favorite show or bit.

RetPara

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Love IT!!!! I have tendency to nit pick and very seldom find anything to snipe on!!!

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've seen it, and whenever I can, usually watch it. One episode that stands out in my mind is when he took his Jeep for a drag race against a real drag racer... Can't remember what he was trying to explain there...

Storm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, it's been a marathon all day so I've been watching it. I love the show. It's 1337.

Stage

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You have to respect one mans undying hatred for all things oblong, green, and fruity.

R. Lee Ermy; making the world safe from watermelon tyrany

:armed:

Dano

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Love the shows he gets to fire the different weapons. You can tell he like to kill watermellon.

chrisvalla

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sometimes it's a bit difficult to remember when I've seen one and it's a rerun and when it's not; so I generally have them running in the background while on the computer and only pay attention to the new ones.

JDS8072

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Im gonna to get the dvd collections next paycheck, so I can watch the good gunny blowing up watermelons at work. Wish he would kill bannannas :banana: :armed: :hurt:

Reaction score
The Gunny is a favorite of mine, I watched a new episode and a rerun last night. He seems to be almost universally liked by the regulars on the forum, one of the few things we all seem to agree on.

To the editors: Any chance to get R. Lee on the forums since the show advertises in the magazine?

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Lance Williams
The Gunny is a favorite of mine, I watched a new episode and a rerun last night. He seems to be almost universally liked by the regulars on the forum, one of the few things we all seem to agree on.

To the editors: Any chance to get R. Lee on the forums since the show advertises in the magazine?
Haha I was just thinking that, if we all post about how awesome the Gunny is maybe he'll stop by! ;)

Reaction score
Originally posted by Overseer
Haha I was just thinking that, if we all post about how awesome the Gunny is maybe he'll stop by! ;)
You joke about it, but I seriously think he would enjoy the people who are on these forums.......

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Lance Williams
You joke about it, but I seriously think he would enjoy the people who are on these forums.......
Oh no I'm sure he would! I think it would be fantastic if he was on here, but I'm not sure how much a celebrity would really want to post all the time. Maybe we could get an occasional word in from the great Gunny!

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Originally posted by Overseer
Oh no I'm sure he would! I think it would be fantastic if he was on here, but I'm not sure how much a celebrity would really want to post all the time. Maybe we could get an occasional word in from the great Gunny!
We should speak with Brian and/or Keef (Eric) about this...

Gunny could have his own Forum!

Dr. S.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Doctor Sinister
We should speak with Brian and/or Keef (Eric) about this...

Gunny could have his own Forum!

Dr. S.
Doc,

I didn't realize you got "Mail Call" in the UK, do you get the History Channel off of satellite?

Larkin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by gobeavs
I've seen it, and whenever I can, usually watch it. One episode that stands out in my mind is when he took his Jeep for a drag race against a real drag racer... Can't remember what he was trying to explain there...
Someone asked him what the fastest vehicle used by the army was. Ermey said it was the striker, but technically it was Sarge, because the army uses it to campaign for recrutment.