Quick general question

SquadLdr76

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Due to the fact that a lot of ASL stuff is hard to come by, I tend to obtain a lot of it off of Ebay (Don't worry though, I refuse to buy anything photo-copied and try as hard as I can to stop that).

Anyway, here's my question. I recently came across an auction for something called "Soldiers of Negus". it's apparently a third party module pertaining to some Ethiopian action with the Italians in 1935-36. I've never heard of this module before. Does anybody here know what this is and who published it? I'd really like to find out if it's any good. It does look rather interesting as I've been known to really dig really obscure things in ASL.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Also, here's the Item number if anybody else wanted to take a look:
Item # 3112024591

Cthulhu

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Soldiers of the Negus was put out by Critical Hit and contains a bunch of interesting scenarios as well as die-cut counters for the Ethiopians and the Eritrean troops (Italian minor allies, sorta...but better than Italians). It also includes some rules specific to this theater, such as the ability of Ethiopian troops to try and flip L3 tankettes over in CC :lol:

I haven't played all the scenarios but the ones that I did were balanced and fun.

If you like obscure ASL this is for you.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think it was originally a BAR Enterprises pack (Bruce Rhinehart) that was reprinted by Critical Hit. A lot of the scenarios look pretty cool, and I'm glad I purchased it, but I admit I haven't played any yet.

Hey, if it's for ASL, how can you NOT buy it? :)