Quick FT vs. AFV question RE: Concealment

sdennis

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Now I know that not everyone likes the FT vs. AFV as written... but as written...

The TK vs a dug in tank at normal range would be an 8. HD doesn't matter, etc.

Does concealment matter? In our RO game his dug in tank is static and I know where it is but it will start the next scenario under ? but I'm thinking that doesn't matter to a FT that I can setup adjacent to it right?

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
FT to kill only vs know unit ? I would say you can’t predestignate the AFV as a target because it is not a AFV yet, it’s a dummy stack.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So shoot with small arms first, then tank flambe'?

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
FT to kill only vs know unit ? I would say you can’t predestignate the AFV as a target because it is not a AFV yet, it’s a dummy stack.
Interesting take on the FT vs dummy.

With AP, APCR... the type of TH defaults to the proper target type, FT doesn't have a TH.

Rich

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Interesting take on the FT vs dummy.

With AP, APCR... the type of TH defaults to the proper target type, FT doesn't have a TH.

Rich
Yes, the FT vs AFV rules clearly say you must predestinate the AFV first.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
An interesting idea. This q&a suggests otherwise. Also although it is a concealed stack, it is not a dummy stack. It might potentially be a dummy stack, depending on the circumstances.

A22.34

4) Can a FT firing at a location state that it's targeting a possible HIP vehicle, so to be able to affect and kill it?
A. Yes.
[Letter173]
JR

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Does concealment matter? In our RO game his dug in tank is static and I know where it is but it will start the next scenario under ? but I'm thinking that doesn't matter to a FT that I can setup adjacent to it right?
A Dug-In tank can only be hidden or known, it may not be concealed. The answer to your question if you agree to house rule that it can be ? (than you get a TK of 8 at normal range or 9 if the attack is through the rear).

sdennis

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A Dug-In tank can only be hidden or known, it may not be concealed. The answer to your question if you agree to house rule that it can be ? (than you get a TK of 8 at normal range or 9 if the attack is through the rear).
Really??? I thought it could be concealed... hmmm have to book dive for this one. Assuming you're right my question is moot!

sdennis

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, the FT vs AFV rules clearly say you must predestinate the AFV first.
Why can't I predesignate it Bob? Show me where predesignation has a Known component? Granted if I predesignate and it's a dummy I would guess nothing happens? Or if HIP and I predesignate it any other targets are unaffected?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Really??? I thought it could be concealed... hmmm have to book dive for this one. Assuming you're right my question is moot!
D9.52:
"...An Armored Cupola is never eligible for concealment and leaves no wreck..."

D9.54:
"A Dug-In AFV is treated as an Armored Cupola except as stated otherwise..."

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Klas is correct as well as Bob in that RF11.6191.c) only allows a Russian AFV platoon to set up HIP in concealment terrain and does not include the ability to be concealed otherwise anywhere in the rules that I have been able to find.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Why can't I predesignate it Bob? Show me where predesignation has a Known component? Granted if I predesignate and it's a dummy I would guess nothing happens? Or if HIP and I predesignate it any other targets are unaffected?
It might not be a AFV, it is a dummy. Basically, I’m trying to be a lawyer and find a way to help the concealed tank because the AFV FT rules are silly.