Quick dug in tank question

sdennis

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What effect does a HULL hit from OBA that equals or 1 > than the K number have vs. a dug in tank?
The dug in tank is HD but OBA doesn't care... I assume the terrain applies to the OBA number but does a HULL OBA hit still cause immobilization even though it is already immobilized by it's very nature? i.e. does it take an Immobilization TC?

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What effect does a HULL hit from OBA that equals or 1 > than the K number have vs. a dug in tank?
The dug in tank is HD but OBA doesn't care... I assume the terrain applies to the OBA number but does a HULL OBA hit still cause immobilization even though it is already immobilized by it's very nature? i.e. does it take an Immobilization TC?
Had the same question a while back and came up with it is immobilized & takes an immobilization TC as normal (D5.5) as the vehicle doest not meet the requirements of immobile {See Index & D8.1} when hit initially but is simply unable to move because it is Dug-in.

sdennis

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Had the same question a while back and came up with it is immobilized & takes an immobilization TC as normal (D5.5) as the vehicle doest not meet the requirements of immobile {See Index & D8.1} when hit initially but is simply unable to move because it is Dug-in.
well if you are hanging your hat on "does not meet the requirements of immobile" would you still apply the -1 in CC against it?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
D9.5 clearly states that an Armored Cupola (and dug-in AFV) is to be treated as an Immobile tank: even though the Index doesn't list dug-in as a condition to being Immobile, the dug-in AFV is to be treated as such.
D9.4 takes exception about the non HD status of Armored Cupolas (D9.53), but only vs. Direct Fire attacks, so HD is NA vs. OBA.
I would believe that a hull hit still is possible vs Indirect Fire, with the potential Immob TC.
D9.5 ... An Armored Cupola is considered the equivalent of an Immobile tank in every way except as modified below or by SSR.
D9.53 ... It is not considered HD and Hit Location (C3.9) is NA.
D9.54 Dug-In AFV is HD to all Direct Fire attacks

Last edited:

semenza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Armored Cupola rules apply to Dug In AFV except .................. See D9.5 last line. It is considered Immobile in every way except as modified by SSR.

So yes, the CC mod applies.

Seth

sdennis

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah thanks guys, that is kind of the conclusion I reached but wanted confirmation before I have to hopefully explain it to my brother... given I rolled like a 10 last time with 150 oba it might be moot if I roll that high again...