Questions on Travel to 2019 Winter Offensive

62nd Army

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gentlemen

These questions primarily for local Baltimore players.

#1) I assume there is Taxi or Uber like service from New Carrolton train station to Bowie Hotel and back? Especially on Sunday morning as the train
leaves about 7:30am on Sunday. Websites are vague and I want to be sure. A review said there is a taxi stand at the station, but the Amtrack web site made no mention of this??
(Hotel has no shuttle service, I called)

#2) how safe is the station, trains arrives well after dark on Friday night, just don't want any surprises :)

Thanks
Joe

Last edited:

trailrunner

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
1) I ride the DC metro a lot. I don't make it up to New Carrolton, but all the metro stations I'm familiar with have cab service, and since New Carrolton is more than just a metro station, I'd be pretty confident that you can find a taxi easily enough. If cabs aren't already waiting for fares, just google the closest company and give them a call. I've also used Lyft numerous times from various metro stations. There are usually several cars hovering in the area, so I usually have to wait less than 5 or 10 minutes for a ride. In case this helps, here's a map of the station:

https://www.wmata.com/rider-guide/stations/upload/evacuation/46.068.pdf

2) I live south DC and am not familiar with that particular station, but that station should be fine. Biggest problem on a Friday night will be dealing with grumpy commuters on their way home after a long work week.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
You may want to contact the hotel. They might even send over a shuttle; it is less than ten miles. I don't know the station, but it is a suburban area so it should be ok.

JR

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Winter Offensive location is not practical to reach with public transportation only.

Best would be to take a cab from New Carrolton station, i saw some of them waiting on thursday afternoon (i took a bus from there and it was not a good idea).

New Carrolton station lies in an area of modern office buildings. The area seemed, from my very limited experience in daylight, safe to me; not many folks around on sundays.

62nd Army

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks guy, I had a feeling it was ok, just wanted to be sure!! Taxi or Lyft sounds like the best option to hotel.

Regards
Joe

62nd Army

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok?!?, Man have you ever seen Warriors!?!

:):):)
Warriors come out to play at Winter offensive (to the sound of bottles clanking against each other) :)

One question I always had about that film, if the Warriors were such a tough street gang, why we they so concerned about public transportation? Most of the movie is the Warriors running to catch trains or on trains! Just steal a car or something and get back to Coney Island. :)

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Where are you coming from? It might be possible to find a ride from a local depending on time and place. -- jim

62nd Army

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Where are you coming from? It might be possible to find a ride from a local depending on time and place. -- jim
Jim, I may be going a different route now :) But thanks I was thinking about posting this point if push came to shove!

regards
Joe