Questions about Winter Offensive

Pyth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If I can only make a day trip for Winter Offensive is there a best day to go? I presume there's a multi-day tournament... but would there be some casual ASL for someone (me) who can't make the whole thing?

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If I can only make a day trip for Winter Offensive is there a best day to go? I presume there's a multi-day tournament... but would there be some casual ASL for someone (me) who can't make the whole thing?
Plenty of free-form ASL throughout.
Friday or Saturday is best, Saturday if you want raffle and pizza.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Thursfrisaturday is the best day. Sunday works best if we get 30" of snow.

JR

Stever

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I am flying down to Winter Offensive on Wednesday and just trying to figure out what I should bring in regards to ASL gaming. I am trying to travel light so I was hoping to get away with just rule book, charts & dice tower. Will there be lots of local players with larger kits and I will be fine or should I be bringing more, like counters & boards?

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Yes, there should be enough people with gear that you do not need any. I recommend, however, to bring information counters if you can bring some gear. This would help if you need to play someone else who also has no gear. You could probably borrow everything else needed from someone.

Jplott94

Reaction score
First name
Jon
Country
llUnited States
Additional questions about WO - I am aware of Kevin Boles' ASLSK PTO Boot Camp presentation on Friday, but are there any other sidebar/presentations/tutorial sessions?

I have looked on the MMP website and the ASL pages on CSW, (and here on GS, obvs) but could not find anything on topic.

Would like to know before I finalize my game schedule for the weekend.

Jplott94

Reaction score
First name
Jon
Country
llUnited States
Thursfrisaturday is the best day. Sunday works best if we get 30" of snow.

JR
Not unprecedented. When I was living up there (Columbia, MD), we got over 30" of snow in Jan 2016.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Additional questions about WO - I am aware of Kevin Boles' ASLSK PTO Boot Camp presentation on Friday, but are there any other sidebar/presentations/tutorial sessions?

I have looked on the MMP website and the ASL pages on CSW, (and here on GS, obvs) but could not find anything on topic.

Would like to know before I finalize my game schedule for the weekend.
Not usually anything formal like this. There are plenty of people to play however, and experience is the best teacher. -- jim

ChuckD

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Some WO newbie questions. How do you get to the venue from BWI? Uber? Public Transit? Other?

I'm arriving at BWI at 1PM if anybody wants to share a ride.

Maurizizio

Reaction score
First name
Maurizio
Country
llUnited States
I am arriving in BWI at 5pm plus 30minutes to get the car. If anyone needs a ride let me know (ChuckD I think 4 hours is a long wait....)

G.L.O.A.T.

Shut up and Play
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am flying down to Winter Offensive on Wednesday and just trying to figure out what I should bring in regards to ASL gaming. I am trying to travel light so I was hoping to get away with just rule book, charts & dice tower. Will there be lots of local players with larger kits and I will be fine or should I be bringing more, like counters & boards?
Another thing that sometimes is in short supply are Overlays, particularly desert overlays.