Questions about smoke and breach graphics.

Dazooz

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
New to Raging Tiger.

In attempting the tutorial scenario, I was able to create a smoke screen and order my engineers to breach some obstacles along the highway.

However, after a few moments, the large smoke and breach graphics obscured everything. My problem was that I had a Mech platoon up in the general area, but stopped waiting for the breach, but they were covered. I had a very difficult time starting them up again, because I couldn't see the first "node" to change it to a go node to get them moving again after the breach.

Is there a way to turn off the smoke/breach graphics for a moment to see underneath? I couldn't find it in the manual.

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
New to Raging Tiger.

In attempting the tutorial scenario, I was able to create a smoke screen and order my engineers to breach some obstacles along the highway.

However, after a few moments, the large smoke and breach graphics obscured everything. My problem was that I had a Mech platoon up in the general area, but stopped waiting for the breach, but they were covered. I had a very difficult time starting them up again, because I couldn't see the first "node" to change it to a go node to get them moving again after the breach.

Is there a way to turn off the smoke/breach graphics for a moment to see underneath? I couldn't find it in the manual.
Unfortunately, no, you can't turn the smoke or breach graphics off. The best way to do a breach is to actually plan a "Company Attack to Breach", and let the engine handle it, at least that's been my experience. The only other option is to wait until the smoke clears, pause the game, plot your movement or change to a start node and restart smoke generation or plan an arty smoke mission, then restart the game.

Hope this helps.

Curt

Pat Proctor

President, ProSim Company
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I frankly do not remember, but doesn't stopping time turn off all smoke and blast graphics?