Question

Reaction score
Country
llPoland
Guys, after receiving good volley or flanking fire, phrase „Morale†on enemy’s unit picture often is changing color from standard white to yellow :eek: (see attached pics). What exactly does it mean??

CyberRanger

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I can't figure it out! I thought maybe the unit had medium fatigue, but when I look at my own units, some are yellow but the fatigue is still low. There also doesn't seem to be a correlation between % of remaining strength and changing color. :confused:

Reaction score
Country
llPoland
From what I'm observing on the battlefields, ‘yellow morale units’ are more eager to go to the rear (ie. panic) in next turn. Maybe it reflect their shaken status or something like this. If you concentrate fire on such an unit, it often panic even if friends are on his flanks. Especially Union non A/B quality units like to run like the crazy rabbits :laugh:

But we sitll don't know what exactly does it mean :confused: :confused: :confused:

rahamy

HPS Games Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Hey guys,

This from the help file:

"If the Quality level is displayed in Yellow, it indicates that the unit’s morale is reduced for some reason such as fatigue or ammo level. "

It was in the Hex Info Area section, describing what you see there. In addition to fatigue and ammo low I believe enfilade fire will cause it, and also (I believe) if you are using the "Flank Morale Modifier" optional rule, and you don't have support troops on the flank then this could change the color as well.

Reaction score
Country
llPoland
Thanks Rich, I couldn't find it. You are right about flanking fire - I saw it on my own eyes.
So conclusion is that 'yellow morale' units are more ready to go to the rear next turn than normal units :hurt: