Question on VC (DFTB148)

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So the Japanese are the defender in this one and have a pillbox and some DC's. The Americans are the attacker and have two pillboxes and some DC's. The VC's are as such:

The Americans win at Game End by Controlling/eliminating all Pillboxes and Trenches.

a) If the Japanese manage to eliminate a US pillbox, they automatically win correct? (i.e. they eliminated a PB and thus the Americans cannot eliminate it or capture it)

b) If the Japanese happen to eliminate their own pillbox, do they also win? :)

I guess I mean that is different VC than. "At game end, the Americans win if they control all (remaining) Pillboxes and Trenches."

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would say no to all. If the Japanese have destroyed/eliminated any of the pillboxes and the Americans control all of the trenches and all of any remaining PBs they still meet the requirements of the VC by control.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would say no to all. If the Japanese have destroyed/eliminated any of the pillboxes and the Americans control all of the trenches and all of any remaining PBs they still meet the requirements of the VC by control.
Agree

Pacman Ghost

Reaction score
A maze of twisty little passages, all alike
Country
llAustralia
a) If the Japanese manage to eliminate a US pillbox, they automatically win correct? (i.e. they eliminated a PB and thus the Americans cannot eliminate it or capture it)
b) If the Japanese happen to eliminate their own pillbox, do they also win? :)
Good grief, you've obviously been hanging out with me for too long... :oops:

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Americans control or eliminate. :)

If we play a game of one on one and "I win if I make a basket", does that mean that when LeBron James dunks on me making basket after basket while blocking all my shots and wins 50-0, I actuallly win because a basket was made?

Last edited:

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland

If we play a game of one on one and "I win if I make a basket", does that mean that when LeBron James dunks on me making basket after basket while blocking all my shots and wins 50-0, I actuallly win because a basket was made?
If he makes baskets against his side, yes.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States

Well I'd give you the win if you made the basket against Lebron. Btw shouldn't you have some points? You did make a basket.