Question for RB CG's (Rules)

Omega Red

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My opponent and I have been out of the loop for ASL for about a year or so and are having problems with the RB CG rules. We have never played any of the CG's but we have played just about every scenario for RB. We decided to play CG II, not sure why it was just random. So we are really feeling our way through the rule process for the CG's.

1. Drawing the Perimeter: does anyone have an easier explanation on how to draw and agree with the perimeter after the first day. The rules sound like the OBA rules the first time I read them. We haven't gotten that far but I wanted to understand the rule before we get there.

2. Spending and reporting CPP and FPP: After you have spent your CPP and FPP do you have to reveal what you spent them on before, during or after the CG Day/CG.

Bryan Holtby

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
There is no easy way to do the RB perimeter, you just have to wade through it as you go along. Its likely the most complicated of all MMP's CG's and since it was the first, there have been many refinements. When its time to do it, post your questions on the forum and you will get assistance.

You dont need to tell your opponent what you spent or your total for the CG Date, but you need to keep a record of it for game end. You will also reveal some of what you spent on the prevoious CG day during the ELR section of the Refit phase

Ole Boe

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
Placing the perimeter is both easy and fun (IMHO) when you understand how it is done, and it is even quite simple to teach it to new players on the board. It's just that it is difficult to explain without the board in front of you.

I'll be happy to answer specific questions though...

Omega Red

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks Bryan and Ole Boe I will send an update when we get to the perimeter section of the CG, for more specific questions.

pward

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
RB front lines

The short of it is, place a control marker in any strategic location you controlled last, and any location with a MMC or vehicle present (probably has to be armed, etc.) Then you connect the "dots" to form the front lines. Start on a board edge, and work your way to any other board edge (very simplified). Changes in direction of this line have to hinge on one of the previously marked locations. You can't use the same hex/location twice, so make sure not to extend your lines by a single (alternate) hexgrain. You are also not permitted to cross an enemy control marker, even if there are no MMC present. If you can't draw a single line between all of these markers, you will probably end up with a pocket of one or more hexes/locations containing units. The pockets are the confusing part.

Remember, you may want to mark who last controlled a strategic location during your game, because it may make a difference later. Also, the first time through, just do one rules step at a time. The first couple times through will take a while until you get the hang of it.

Good luck, and try not to get frustrated with the way the rules are written. It looks overly confusing, but it's really quite simple once you've done it a couple times.