Question about mapboard configuration

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
Scenario says "use hexes numbered 11-20"

Which one is the good way to play: A or B?
If using A units may bypass O11 hex using the topmost hexside but this side of the hex O11 doesn´t exists on B..

Thanks

A.png Display A

B.png Display B

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
3rd edition ASAP :clap:

The SSR seem to indicate use of the entire hex. If so, only display A should be used. This happens in VASL as setup 'crop boards' cuts off half hexes if not configured correctly. Not on real maps.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
This can lead to odd LOSes that go off board when a unit is in bypass and LOS is traced to one of the vertices that jut out. I do not know if a LOS that goes off board and returns is good or not. I think I would play it as good.

JR

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
Agree with LOSes.. I suppose LOSes will be automatically blocked when reaching offboard..
Other option is using actual map -including 1-10- to check LOSes to bypassed vertex.

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
Agree with LOSes.. I suppose LOSes will be automatically blocked when reaching offboard..
Other option is using actual map -including 1-10- to check LOSes to bypassed vertex.
do that systematically and discover that LOS's on the real map won't correspond to the LOS's on VASL. But this discussion has been had before.