Question about Heroic Leaders

Fort

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Fair enough

That is not how the SSR reads however :) . Wounds as a leader means wounds as if it is a aleader

Especially when it could have been written "The x-x leader is heroic (EXC:if already wounded, A15.2 is NA; apply A17.11 as if this wounded hero is a leader)

Also I find it a bit strange that if the intent is to model the incredible heroism needed, that the heroic leaders that are a feature of these scenarios will die exactly the same as a normal hero on their FIRST failed MC

And how many times has yuor hero or 9-2 leader failed a MC from a 2FP +1 shot. Mine always do :)

Another thing learnt is that a Wounded hero is NOT automatically eliminated for a 2nd wound due to a 2 sniper attack, or from a a casualty reduction result on the IFT or in CC
The automatic elimination in A15.2 only applies to a wounded hero who fails a MC

Thanks for the lessons learnt

Cheers
Jon
That is exactly how the SSR reads.

Sigh. The Heroic Leader by SSR DOES WOUND as a Leader. It also BREAKS AS A HERO.

Tom Morin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jon,

The important thing here is that Heroes don't break, they either wound or die when they fail MC. The 8-1 SMC in question is Heroic by SSR (i.e.- no breaking, only wound or die), but rather than dying by failing a MC while wounded, he instead rolls for wound severity as a wounded leader would, with a +1 drm.

Regards,

Tom

ASL Maineiac

Reaction score
The important thing here is that Heroes don't break, they either wound or die when they fail MC. The 8-1 SMC in question is Heroic by SSR (i.e.- no breaking, only wound or die), but rather than dying by failing a MC while wounded, he instead rolls for wound severity as a wounded leader would, with a +1 drm.
Straight from the designer. Thanks, Tom.