Q w/VBM and unarmered vehicles on PB board.

FelderMaus

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello All,

I've reciently started getting back into the ASL hobby after 4+ years off, found a regular opponent, and we started playing our second game (PB3). A situation came up that we couldn't figure out:

He is playing the Germans and entering a truck along the g9 road (with the woods in it). He wants to bypass the woods in the hex and the building in h9 to miss getting shot at by Brits in k8 & k9.

I don't believe that is a valid by-pass move and argue that he has to move to h8 first, then bypass to the h8/g9/g10 vertex.

Could someone set me straight with this situation?

Also, we read the rules about firing on unarmored vehicles (7.308) and we couldn't figure out what any modifiers would be for the following shot: 648 firing at a moving truck that has expended 3 MP in view. We determined that the kill number on the *ve line on the iift would be 5 (base 6, -1 low light SSR). Should we have used Firer/Target based modifications like LATW vs vehicles?

Thanks,
Maus

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
FelderMaus said:
I don't believe that is a valid by-pass move and argue that he has to move to h8 first, then bypass to the h8/g9/g10 vertex.
Well, he can by-pass from G9, but first he would have to exit the road (using all his MP to do so) and take a substantial bog check; check out B13.41.
FelderMaus said:
Also, we read the rules about firing on unarmored vehicles (7.308) and we couldn't figure out what any modifiers would be for the following shot: 648 firing at a moving truck that has expended 3 MP in view. We determined that the kill number on the *ve line on the iift would be 5 (base 6, -1 low light SSR). Should we have used Firer/Target based modifications like LATW vs vehicles?
In your example you would use the 6FP * Vehicle line number (6 IIRC). I do not know what the low light SSR is, so cannot comment on that. Typically, TEM, Hindrances, and Leadership affect the attack, just like attacking infantry.

FelderMaus

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks

Thanks, that clears up the by-pass movement.

FYI, PB3's SSR states something like: Due to low-light conditions, there is an automatic +1 hinderance to all checks.