PzIVH

ds

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just played Surrender or Die scenario. Great, quick little piece.

Halfway into the game, I (with my uncanny eye for detail) noticed that the two PzIVH counters were a little different: one had an AAMG, and the other did not. All other stats for the tanks are the same.

Does anyone know which is the 'primary' version?
Also, where did the 'secondary' version came from?

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ds said:
Vehicles have letter identification. The higher the letter (e.g. A) the more "primary" the version. The PzIV with the AAMG was a variant and should be a lower letter (e.g. D).

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Brian W said:
ds said:
Vehicles have letter identification. The higher the letter (e.g. A) the more "primary" the version. The PzIV with the AAMG was a variant and should be a lower letter (e.g. D).
Also, if you look in the Chapter H Vehicle listing all optional armament is listed as opt. For example, if you check the PzIVH row you'll see opt2 listed in the AAMG column.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
This gives me the opportunity to ask another question :
If a scenario asks to use some AFV, must one consider that all of them must have the same armament as depicted ont the scenario card, even if the countermix does not provide enough exact matches?
In the case of PzIVH, if a scenario asks for 6 of them, and the scenario cards depicts a PzIVH without optional AAMG, must I consider the PzIVH counters with AAMG as not having it ?
I note it is quite rare that a scenario card depicts same AFV side by side, with armament variants...

Ole Boe

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
D1.84 said:
However, in official scenarios only the armament configuration illustrated in the scenario OB is available unless the number of such vehicles required exceeds the number provided in the game, in which case the excess can be composed of vehicles with optional armament (of the owner's choice) provided that armament is available within that time frame.
There you'll have your answer: If you have enough of the one listed, use that. If not, use any optional armament you want if it was available at that time.

This rule suck, btw. This means that the same scenario can be played with different aramament just because one player has more of one kind of vehicle than another.