Pushing a gun from Off Board C10.3

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My force is allowed to enter on/after Turn 1. I have a QSU Inf gun. I wish to push it onto the board on Turn 1. What happens if the I fail the Manhandling Roll in my Turn 1 MPh. Is the gun able to attempt to be pushed on again on the next turn or can it not enter the game at all because it didn't enter on the turn I attempted to enter?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
It's eliminated. Units that set up to enter but do not are eliminated. If it's a small enough gun, the terrain isn't bad and you add enough helpers, you can probably guarantee movement of at least one hex.

q&a said:
A2.5 A British 6-4-8 is in a fortified building location on the board edge (the fortified status is still HIP). A '?' German 6-5-8 is located Off-Board next to the above 6-4-8. The German 6-5-8 has numerous board entry options which would assure the units ability to get on board during the German player turn. However, the German player decides to attempt to advance into the (unbeknownst to him) fortified British location and is thus "bounced" back off board which means the unit will end the player turn still off board contrary to the "must" requirements of A2.5. What happens to the German 6-5-8 which did not get on-board this player turn?
A. It is eliminated. [Letter52] {See A2.5 Q&A for letter 91 below. SR}
JR

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's eliminated. Units that set up to enter but do not are eliminated. If it's a small enough gun, the terrain isn't bad and you add enough helpers, you can probably guarantee movement of at least one hex.

JR
Thanks.