Pushing a Gun and CX

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
May a crew pushing a gun declare CX to get the extra MFs? And may use leader movement bonus?
edit: Just found… Double time is posible..

new question.. A4.51 says "Cx units must add one to any labor task or attack…" Is +1 added to the Manhandling DR if Double Time is declared?.. No found this modifier and A4.51 looks clear enough about adding +1 to ANY labor task..

Thanks

Last edited:

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Yes to both. Also road bonus, although it's hard to apply. Perhaps with a wounded leader.

JR

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Also road bonus, although it's hard to apply. Perhaps with a wounded leader.
Road Bonus is NA.

B3.4:
Infantry may cross any road hexside at a cost of one MF (two MF if move is to higher elevation). Infantry, Cavalry, and Horse-Drawn units which cross only road hexsides throughout their MPh are entitled to one extra MF provided they do not encounter mines, burning wrecks, Wire, mud, rubble, roadblocks, debris (O1.2), Panji Covered hexsides, SMOKE, or Deep Snow in those road hexes and are not pushing Guns (C10.3).

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
So is Manhanding DR modified by +1 per being CX accordying to A4.51?

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I believe so, the use of the phrase "labor task" in A.4.51 combined with the fact that you can gain a labor status chit when manhandling is why I offer this interpretation. (Note "labor task" is not defined in the Index. Likely should be "Labor Task: a task for which an infantry unit can qualify for a -1 or -2 Labor Status counter, EX: entrenching, Manhandling, Clearance, etc.")

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Road Bonus is NA as aforementioned, however there is a -2 for pushing a gun on a road.

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
No.. I think is a possible errata in the Manhandling DRM table.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Seems to me it would have been mentioned in the C10.3 DRM table if it did apply. Have you checked for Q&A?
How does one parse out "labor task" of A4.51 from "Labor Status"?

This seems a stretch ....there as things which are labor...but only some earn status...and some not b/c they are tasks? (what are other labor tasks?) Plausible but odd. I think the A4.51 is a slip or rather the Index is slipped to assign a definition of labor tasks...ie things that earn status.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How does one parse out "labor task" of A4.51 from "Labor Status"?

This seems a stretch ....there as things which are labor...but only some earn status...and some not b/c they are tasks? (what are other labor tasks?) Plausible but odd. I think the A4.51 is a slip or rather the Index is slipped to assign a definition of labor tasks...ie things that earn status.
1st time ever for a glitch in the ASLRB or lack of definition in the index. Oh wait, what is an attack,?;):)

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
Perry answered my question about the +1 DRM per CX unit pushing a gun..

YES, there is a +1 per being CX when rolling the Manhandling DR