PTO Roads and VASL

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Setting up AP58 Sat Sir Akal! and it uses PTO light jungle but by SSR keeps a dirt road from 37A5 to 2aH8 via 50Q8 and some other points.

Any advice on how to get VASL to be set to both PTO and keep this one road route?

Many thanks.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Setting up AP58 Sat Sir Akal! and it uses PTO light jungle but by SSR keeps a dirt road from 37A5 to 2aH8 via 50Q8 and some other points.

Any advice on how to get VASL to be set to both PTO and keep this one road route?

Many thanks.
I don't think there is a good way unless you want to use road drop on overlays (I wouldn't). My suggestion would be to play this one without the visual aids.

All three boards would need a specific terrain SSR support to make that scenario look pretty unless there is some secret sauce I'm missing.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
You can "rebuild" the road by using draggable overlays. A bit of work to set up but opposed to Zoltan in principle I see no reason not to do so (not having looked at the actual maps though).

von Marwitz

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Let me see what I can do for you. Give me a day if you can spare it.

Al

Many thanks.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
You can "rebuild" the road by using draggable overlays. A bit of work to set up but opposed to Zoltan in principle I see no reason not to do so (not having looked at the actual maps though).

von Marwitz
That's because you're already used to excessively messing with your VASL setups. =P

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Let me see what I can do for you. Give me a day if you can spare it.

Al
Take all the time you need. This isn't for a scenario I'm playing right away, I was exploring how to use the NUL boards and ran into this problem, which having frustrated me before, I thought I'd see what other people's solutions were.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My solution is to make a SSO...which I've done. I'll give the new boards to Sam for upload.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
James,

I've got the boards done. Would you be willing to proof them to ensure I've applied SSR 1 correctly? I've got a vasl screen shot of them here.

Allan

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
FYI...the stand alone PTO transformation removes all roads. Even a customized SSO to make the SSR 1 road visible again is superseded by the overlaying PTO transformation. In these rare cases I think an all inclusive SSO that incorporates all the SSR 1 terrain modifications is the best way to circumnavigate this issue. In VASL you'd simply select the SSO and NOT any other terrain modifications.