PS2 or XBOX

Leatherneck

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
DevilDawg said:
That's the only reason I'd buy an Xbox, to play Halo.

Leatherneck, if you want a new PS2, the one I posted about is only $150. It comes with a built in network adaptor.
That's nice! But I'm gettin new PS2 this tuesday, sorry bud :D

Leatherneck

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jon@lbc said:
I havent played much xbox I have ps2 it has socom and it has MeTAL gear solid which is awesome.
Hey leatherneck do you play socom online
Sorry, man, I don't play SOCOM online because I don't have DSL nor Cable to play it..........but i will hopefully next year before spring. :)

Jon@lbc

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Leatherneck said:
Sorry, man, I don't play SOCOM online because I don't have DSL nor Cable to play it..........but i will hopefully next year before spring. :)
Ok cause there was someone on socom name leatherneck and I though that was You

Bariman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Cpt. Bonez said:
hey! this is my first post since i moved back to the US, and im glad to see that both of these consoles are cheaper than ever.
now, i already have a GameCube, which i love, but I want a game that plays Mario-less games. please help me, what do you own, what do you suggest and why? thx

I have a similar conundrum. I have a GameCube and really enjoy the games I have.

In comparing the PS2 and Xbox, both have established online play, can play DVDs, and have several good-to-excellent games.

The PS2 is older, and requires a separate harddrive. It also has only two controller ports, but the controllers fit in the hand better (than the Xbox). It has a huge library of games. The graphics tend to look older, but on some games they are awesome.

The Xbox is newer, has a built-in HD, four controller ports, and some of the newer controllers fit better than the originals. The graphics tend to be better, which has tipped the balance in its favor on some muliple-system releases. It's library of games is smaller, but many of them have been big releases, like Halo and Splinter Cell (though SC did get ported).

I would get an Xbox now, and wait next year for the PS3. You might want to look at the Nintendo DS and Sony PSP, too.

Ivan Rapkinov

Harpoon Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I spent most of the last weekend playing GTA: San Andreas - if it's not on an XBox (which does have better graphics) then get a PS2 as it's the best game so far this year

abso-frickin-lutely hilarious :D

Patrocles

Reaction score
PvtJohnson said:
It Makes Me So Angry Gta: San Andreas Didnt Come Out On Xbox!!!!!!!!!!!
doesn't Sony own the rights to GTA? I thought that is what I read about the late release of original GTA for the Xbox...but I could be wrong

chrisvalla

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've played shooters, fighting games, and combat sims on the XB... it just don't work for me... period... and if I'm not having fun, what's the point? Actually I have both the PC and PS2 versions of GTA:VC, I prefer the PS2... except when it comes to weapons management... there isn't a game pad made that can beat a mouse for point...click...dead.

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
PvtJohnson said:
WHATTTTTT????? How old are you, 4?
He's 13 I think....I'm 15 now, but at 13 my parents probably wouldn't have let me have it...it is rated for 17+ year olds you know....Even though my parents would let me play it now, I still don't want to.

But anyway, back on topic - re: controllers, the xbox one really is bad. They do make a smaller version though. If I were to buy one now though, I would probably buy an XBOX because of the things you can do with the hard drive.