PS2 or XBOX

Cpt. Bonez

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
hey! this is my first post since i moved back to the US, and im glad to see that both of these consoles are cheaper than ever.
now, i already have a GameCube, which i love, but I want a game that plays Mario-less games. please help me, what do you own, what do you suggest and why? thx

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
technically, i do not see which is better..

I have an Xbox, no PS2. But I think Xbox is dead. For whatever reason, it is just dead. Not much new games, not much attention. The failure could be of many reasons, but overall strategy and marketing must be among the most important ones.

Leatherneck

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Capt. Bonez, I think PS2 will be great because there is alot good military games you might like to played and I really like SOCOM I/II which it fun to play, but PS2 is not working for some reason.....should get another one then.

I'm planning to get two games that I have been waiting for and the games are GTA: San Andreas and Ace Combat 5.

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Generally, the Xbox has the better graphics, it's a new system technically. However the PS2 has a better library of games. The main difference I can say in terms of the game library is that the PS2 has many more RPGs over the XBox.

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Overseer said:
Generally, the Xbox has the better graphics, it's a new system technically. However the PS2 has a better library of games. The main difference I can say in terms of the game library is that the PS2 has many more RPGs over the XBox.
The XBOX hardware is far superior. The hard drive is a very nice feature IMO. PS2 does have the larger library of games, largely because it has been out the longest. For the most part, look at the games. PS2 has GTA, and Gran Turismo, etc. XBOX has Halo, Project Gothem, etc.

Another wildcard is that the XBOX is really modable. You can even install Linux on it...:D

Patrocles

Reaction score
Overseer said:
ditto! My bud has a PS2 and I own an XBOX. When you compare the same game or even similar games (car racing, motorcycle racing, etc.) the XBOX has superior graphics!

and XBox has HALO and soon-to-be released HALO2!

DevilDawg

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's the only reason I'd buy an Xbox, to play Halo.

Leatherneck, if you want a new PS2, the one I posted about is only $150. It comes with a built in network adaptor.

BarcelonaBlom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
HA HA HA Bicker you foolsss.... Me owns both preciousses! Both are greatss..

Precious X-boxsss iss in need of repair.

Personally I like PC's better but I like the "Best of Both Worlds"

Cpt. Bonez

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was checkin out the new ps2, too, it looks so cool. can i play online without paying Sony for a subscription or something? can i just plug in an ethernet service and play online?

Full Monty

Reaction score
Country
ll
Cpt. Bonez said:
I was checkin out the new ps2, too, it looks so cool. can i play online without paying Sony for a subscription or something? can i just plug in an ethernet service and play online?
You can, but there aren't the servers that are provided for Xbox Live.

I have an Xbox that I initially bought to keep my niece and nephew busy when they stayed with me as well as the fact that it's a decent dvd player. I've since grown to love it for arcadey racing and flying games (Sega GT, TOCA Race Driver 2, Crimson Skies, Secret Weapons Over Normandy etc.). In technical terms it's way ahead of the PS2 and although the PS2 has a greater library of games, many of those games are old and look/play very geriatrically. With its hard drive (8gb apparently) the Xbox has uses beyond gaming and in its 'modded' form could prove useful for some time after it's been superceded.

Both consoles are so cheap nowadays that if you bought both you wouldn't be wasting your money.

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
BarcelonaBlom said:
HA HA HA Bicker you foolsss.... Me owns both preciousses! Both are greatss..

Precious X-boxsss iss in need of repair.

Personally I like PC's better but I like the "Best of Both Worlds"
He's right, a gaming PC is the way to go. :D

Pfc TAZ

Reaction score
First name
Tim
Country
llUnited States
X-Box.

Hands down, its the best. If you have an HD TV, be sure to hook it up with the S connector and set it for the highest resolution you can. I've got mine hooked up to my widescreen HD TV and Rainbow 6, Splinter Cell and Halo look awesome!

If you like RPG's (which are better on PC anyway)-- Go PS2
If you like great graphics and FPS's -- X-Box

That's just my opinion.

Patrocles

Reaction score
Pfc TAZ said:
X-Box.

Hands down, its the best. If you have an HD TV, be sure to hook it up with the S connector and set it for the highest resolution you can. I've got mine hooked up to my widescreen HD TV and Rainbow 6, Splinter Cell and Halo look awesome!

If you like RPG's (which are better on PC anyway)-- Go PS2
If you like great graphics and FPS's -- X-Box

That's just my opinion.
right on! My bud has an Xbox and HDTV and graphics in HALO and some of his sport games are phenomenal! makes me want to go buy a HDTV just to play HALO2! :D

Jon@lbc

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Xbox or PS2

Ok this is kinda tough :nervous:
first of all in my opinion all the systems are good in their own way. ;) I own a PS2 but I know a lot of people who own the other systems. The xbox is good in the graphics department but it is lacking in most big features like games. The PS2 has good graphics in some games but others they look rushed. the big thing about it is that its been in the business for a long time so it knows a lot about the entire industry. Gamecube is good all around but you already know that so... anyway I agree with the vast majority of people that Xbox is going out of business unless they can find a way to decrease the size of the console itself. So in the long run I'd say save up and buy a next generation console like PS3(supposedly coming out in the year 2005) or the Xbox2(code-name xenon) which no one knows when its coming out. So I'm not sure if you learned anything but that is the opinion of an expereanced gamer

from,
Herbert Melville Utonium the 53 and 7/69 :laugh: