Provence Pack and Croix de Guerre?

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Here's the original designer notes that I saved from some long dead site:
Which is, of course, where I poached Cunin's commentary from. Thanks for making it more readily available for others. ("My version" is only partly laid out in InDesign, as I never got around to finishing the formatting, and exporting as a pdf.)

Here's the website complete with illustrations and photos, which was apparently hosted on the MMP website at some point.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Chris, that's not a legit link to anything. It appears as though you tried to cut and paste something from a folder on your personal computer.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Are you volunteering?
Am I volunteering to do what, exactly? Tell MMP about the extra stuff on their website that they posted when they originally made the PP available for download? MMP already has that stuff, and it's already formatted. (I know because I downloaded it all to my PC. Apparently you did too.) Otherwise I have no idea what you're talking about.

I've never seen LfT #4 and know nothing whatsoever about it, other than what I can read on the Desperation Morale web site. Are you saying MMP should publish PP in the original French? I guess they can if they want to, but I don't know why they would want to (and I'm certainly not the man to do the job, as I can only read French with the aid of a dictionary).

Richard Weiley

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
It's a while since I've looked at the scenarios in this pack, but don't they mainly use Commonwealth and U.S. units to represent the French? If so it would be kind of pointless to include them in a reprint of CDG.

Cheers

Rich

greuh

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I've never seen LfT #4 and know nothing whatsoever about it, other than what I can read on the Desperation Morale web site. Are you saying MMP should publish PP in the original French? I guess they can if they want to, but I don't know why they would want to (and I'm certainly not the man to do the job, as I can only read French with the aid of a dictionary).
I can translate it to English, no problem. I'd need a native English speaker to do the proofreading/rephrasing, though, just to make it perfect. Also, I'd need the text to translate, as I don't have it.

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Am I volunteering to do what, exactly?
Chill Winston. The winking smilie was just that.

MMP already has that stuff, and it's already formatted.
It was formatted. But I have no idea when, and more important, if MMP still has it cached somewhere. I don't recall seeing the PP webpage in its original state on the old MMP website. So I have no idea how many years had passed when I unearthed the archived material in 2015.

I've never seen LfT #4 and know nothing whatsoever about it, other than what I can read on the Desperation Morale web site.
Exactly.

I do not have a copy. I also have no idea what photos (and other info) may be missing from what can be found in the depths of the Internet. Having access to the original might be a good place to start, especially if MMP no longer has access to the online material.

Putting the PP info back up on the MMP website may be as simple as flipping a switch. If not, it may require some (volunteer) effort to reconstruct. I dunno.

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Edge has a great translator built in that will translate the entire page and its ancillary information and dialog boxes. It will appear as if it were written in English or whatever language you use. I have found the quality of the translation to be better that Google translate and much more convenient.

greuh

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I can translate, no prob. I'd be happy to help. I just don't have the text.
I usually do English to French translation (professional level, RPGs), as native French speaker. But I could translate from French to English (but I'd need a proofreader as my English is not native, and therefore not perfect).
Also, I would need authorization of Laurent Cunin.

BTW, since it's LFT stuff, why not contact LFT directly ? It's just a few forums below this one ;)

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
I'd rather have the vae victis scenarios translated! We already have all the LFT stuff done

greuh

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I'd rather have the vae victis scenarios translated! We already have all the LFT stuff done
I did send an email to Vae Victis to suggest such a compilation (the first 100 scenarios). I received an answer saying, enthusiastically, that it was a good idea. It was last year. I can only hope they're doing it :)

Also, I have translated all the (six) scenarios from Casus Belli (the ancestor of VV). It's done but I've only received the authorization of one of the authors for publication online.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I did send an email to Vae Victis to suggest such a compilation (the first 100 scenarios). I received an answer saying, enthusiastically, that it was a good idea. It was last year. I can only hope they're doing it :)
If the VV authors (author? didn't Philippe Naud write all of them?) don't have the time to work on the translation, I'd be happy to help - but then, Philippe probably knows how to translate real military terms way better than I would.

greuh

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I would suppose that Philipe Naud is aware, if that project is undergoing. I'd believe there would also be some info on Cote1664.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sylvain Desne. Along with Steve Pleva, the best player I ever played against. Whatever happened to him? If I recall correctly, he was a brain surgeon. If so, I guess I am glad he devoted his time to that pursuit instead :). I would hate to see someone get a frontal lobotomy during a heated discussion over sleaze freeze.