Pros and Cons re: For King and Country

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The rest of regional Victoria has had restrictions eased.
That's good news, one of my friends was due to visit Australia this month to see his brother but obviously that all went by the wayside, he's hoping he can get back there next year to see him, fingers crossed

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Are they doing a new Hollow Legions?
From Facebook -

We're also working on Hollow Legions which is still on target for Winter Offensive 2021. January 14th - 18th. WE HOPE. (Paper work is in with hotel/conf center, but who really knows with COVID?) Either way we'd expect Hollow Legions will be out in January of 2021.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I learned the hard way that to get the updated scenarios, you have to get the module they are included in. Spent extra to get BV{3rd Ed}, DB{3rd Ed} and FKAC after the fact of release.
So when a new edition of the Americans, French and [soon] the Italians were listed on MMP's website as available for pre-order, I submit my pre-order.

As for any ASL tourneys, we just have to wait and see. Making a safe and effective vaccine takes time (hopefully not as long as ARMIES of OBLIVION took to come out!).

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I learned the hard way that to get the updated scenarios, you have to get the module they are included in. Spent extra to get BV{3rd Ed}, DB{3rd Ed} and FKAC after the fact of release.
So when a new edition of the Americans, French and [soon] the Italians were listed on MMP's website as available for pre-order, I submit my pre-order.

As for any ASL tourneys, we just have to wait and see. Making a safe and effective vaccine takes time (hopefully not as long as ARMIES of OBLIVION took to come out!).
True, I'm looking forward to the Italians.

Here's hoping someone makes a vaccine soon

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Thanks, it's a lovely city, unfortunately getting more and more like London by the day, too many people moving into town and house prices are just crazy and even a pint of beer is getting pricey. But yeah, it's got some wonderful history and it's beautiful
I stayed with a contingent of Commonwealth soldiers at the Scottish Division Infantry Depot at Penicuik in Glencorse in 1990 - we did a week of training there and a week of performances in London. It was pretty much unanimous that the Edinburgh area was picturesque and charming, while London was dirty and old.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I stayed with a contingent of Commonwealth soldiers at the Scottish Division Infantry Depot at Penicuik in Glencorse in 1990 - we did a week of training there and a week of performances in London. It was pretty much unanimous that the Edinburgh area was picturesque and charming, while London was dirty and old.
That's fantastic, yeah Glencorse is just outside of town, Redford Barracks is in town on Colinton Road.
Did you ever get to see the Royal Military Tattoo, that's a pretty fantastic spectacle (but I've only seen it the one time)

Glad you guys liked Edinburgh, makes me proud of my city :)

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
That's fantastic, yeah Glencorse is just outside of town, Redford Barracks is in town on Colinton Road.
Did you ever get to see the Royal Military Tattoo, that's a pretty fantastic spectacle (but I've only seen it the one time)

Edinburgh Tattoo was always the Holy Grail for pipers and drummers. I never got to go during my time in the Pipes and Drums, but shortly after I left the regimental band did get to participate and of course it was a highlight of everyone's musical careers. They still talk about it.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Edinburgh Tattoo was always the Holy Grail for pipers and drummers. I never got to go during my time in the Pipes and Drums, but shortly after I left the regimental band did get to participate and of course it was a highlight of everyone's musical careers. They still talk about it.
Sorry you missed it, that really would have been tremendous, I think Pete Phillips's (of View from the Trenches fame) brother was the Pipe Major at the Tattoo a couple of years ago

g_young

Reaction score
I was there on a job in early 2017. Just blown away by how friendly the people were, and how beautiful the city is.

Made a predawn start walking to Arthur's Seat one cold morning - what a view! Came down, went for a coffee mid town and was served by an Aussie!! After exchanging some down under banter (I think she was from Perth, WA), I packed my bags and returned to Glasgow.

Scotland. She's beaut'!

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I was there on a job in early 2017. Just blown away by how friendly the people were, and how beautiful the city is.

Made a predawn start walking to Arthur's Seat one cold morning - what a view! Came down, went for a coffee mid town and was served by an Aussie!! After exchanging some down under banter (I think she was from Perth, WA), I packed my bags and returned to Glasgow.

Scotland. She's beaut'!
WOW, really glad you had such a great time and that you found people so friendly (we're always told by Glasgow folks that we're cold and standoffish, not very friendly at all. So that's great)

g_young

Reaction score
WOW, really glad you had such a great time and that you found people so friendly (we're always told by Glasgow folks that we're cold and standoffish, not very friendly at all. So that's great)
You're welcome! It's a shame that by the look of things it'll be a long time before I get the chance to get back to Scotland!

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
You're welcome! It's a shame that by the look of things it'll be a long time before I get the chance to get back to Scotland!
Thanks, yeah, I reckon it could be a while sadly before we are able to go anywhere
here's hoping for a vaccine

Jplott94

Reaction score
First name
Jon
Country
llUnited States
Ha Ha! Thanks guys. I have all the boards and the scenarios so would just be updating counters. Would rather save up for Rising Sun when it comes back into stock - have never tried PTO. Also would like Hollow Legions if they ever get around to re-issuing it.
The folks at MMP hope to have Hollow Legions out by Winter Offensive 2021 (January).