Pros and Cons re: For King and Country

Nicho11

Reaction score
First name
Jason
Country
llAustralia
Hi,
Just wondering what the advantages are in purchasing FK&C if I already have West of Alamein?

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Agreed, nice new counters, bigger fonts on Chapter H etc. It's all good

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I only have WoA and it works fine - except for Churchills moving up double crests without a road, which is a very frequent occurence, as everybody knows.

Nicho11

Reaction score
First name
Jason
Country
llAustralia
Ha Ha! Thanks guys. I have all the boards and the scenarios so would just be updating counters. Would rather save up for Rising Sun when it comes back into stock - have never tried PTO. Also would like Hollow Legions if they ever get around to re-issuing it.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I got the last print of this module so happily I don't need to spend the money this time round. My buddy John only has West of Alamein so he has decided to get a copy when it comes out

Nicho11

Reaction score
First name
Jason
Country
llAustralia
If I could afford it I would get everything! But I can't, and the exchange rate is a killer. So I have to be strategic. I have recently ordered AoO so am waiting for that to arrive.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
If I could afford it I would get everything! But I can't, and the exchange rate is a killer. So I have to be strategic. I have recently ordered AoO so am waiting for that to arrive.
Yes, I agree, I am very glad that I don't have to find the money for a copy of the new module. I'm going to have to find some money by January though to pick up the new edition of Hollow Legions (and I'd like a copy of Swedish Volunteers too)

AoO is very good

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Love Edinburgh by the way, stayed there in '96.
Thanks, it's a lovely city, unfortunately getting more and more like London by the day, too many people moving into town and house prices are just crazy and even a pint of beer is getting pricey. But yeah, it's got some wonderful history and it's beautiful

Nicho11

Reaction score
First name
Jason
Country
llAustralia
That's why we live in the country on a small acreage with no neighbours. However isolation has its downsides ... no ASL players! Thanks goodness for VASL. I have recently been introduced to the world of PBEM. This compliments live play by being flexible to other daily commitments.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
That's why we live in the country on a small acreage with no neighbours. However isolation has its downsides ... no ASL players! Thanks goodness for VASL. I have recently been introduced to the world of PBEM. This compliments live play by being flexible to other daily commitments.
You,re lucky, that sounds terrific. well, apart from the no ASL players bit, thank goodness for VASL right enough

Nicho11

Reaction score
First name
Jason
Country
llAustralia
Melbourne is still in lockdown and there were only 11 new cases today. Out of a population in excess of 4 million that is pretty low.