Pros and Cons re: For King and Country

jyoung

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Well, it looks like I have my Christmas wish-list finalised.
Rising Sun, Hollow Legions in January, then hopefully (please MMP?) Doomed Battalions reprint. And if I were especially lucky, some more pdf goodies for out of print items like Operations Special Issues (please please MMP?). I've been ever so good :D

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
The folks at MMP hope to have Hollow Legions out by Winter Offensive 2021 (January).
I received two copies of HL as part of Games for Life. We gave one away at Oktoberfest to the player with the worst record. ???

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I have to say I'm looking forward to Hollow Legions a fair bit
(just need to try and find the money to cover it now is all)

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Does anyone know if/when Hollow Legions will be available for pre-order? Or is it just going to show up as available for purchase in Jan after WO 2021? Of course I have the previous edition, along with all the boards in SK style, along with CH Soldiers of the Negus...so why am I going to get it? Because it is new from MMP! Hahaha! Same reason I pre-ordered another Rising Sun I guess. I wish MMP would switch over to coloured counters though. I only use BGD and LFT Italian counters personally. Much more attractive.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Yeah, looking forward to Second Chance Games getting this up on their website
(just have to tweak the budget a bit though)

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does anyone know if/when Hollow Legions will be available for pre-order? Or is it just going to show up as available for purchase in Jan after WO 2021? Of course I have the previous edition, along with all the boards in SK style, along with CH Soldiers of the Negus...so why am I going to get it? Because it is new from MMP! Hahaha! Same reason I pre-ordered another Rising Sun I guess. I wish MMP would switch over to coloured counters though. I only use BGD and LFT Italian counters personally. Much more attractive.
I want to order HL and DB simply for the higher quality components. I actually find it harder to identify AFVs that have been colorized and prefer the black and white versions for my old eyes, but YMMV.

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I can certainly understand your point on the vehs. I guess in my mid-50s...I am still a young player! The font on the TPP veh counters is still large enough for me.
I am a model maker...hence my interest in coloured veh/squad counters. And my use of the veh specific turrets vice the generic white ones. But as long as we all keep playing, I don't care if someone uses white squares of paper with ASL values scribbled on them!