Proofing Opponent Wanted

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gents,

I've attached the first 3 log files of a solitaire game of SG2 Fitzgerald's Fire. These logs take you through the end of German T2. If anyone is interested in a quick perusal to point out my glaring rules errors, I'd be appreciative. You can be as in depth or cursory as you want. I'd appreciate any feedback.

Logs were made using VASL 6.4.1. There may be an overlay that you can't see but it won't affect the replay. It's the Singling Map border that I reference in the Overlay Extension help file. You don't need it. Also, I forgot to record these without my password so you won't see concealed units but for the most part, it's pretty easy to figure out what's what. The two M4s that enter on T1 have the Gyros.

Thanks.

Al

Attachments

rshurtz

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Al,

Had a chance to review Logs 1 & 2. Here is my feedback.
Log 1: Pretty clean. If the Stug was setup in T4 bypass to start then the MP cost to go uphill via the road is only 2.5 not 4.5. But you may have been setup in S4 if so everything looked good.

Log 2: Caught a few items
1. On the PF shot that killed the Sherman in Z6 you missed case J1(Only spent 3MP in LOS) which I believe would have caused a miss.
2. When the Panther made it's motion attempt the 2nd Sherman had only spent 4 MP in it's LOS based on the Panthers CAFP so a dr6 was a failed attempt.
3. In the rout phase the German unit in s7 would not surrender has the Stug provides a TEM alloing him to rout to R5 or T5 safely

Help this is helpful. I'll look at log 3 when I get a chance.
Randy

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Very helpful Randy. I’ll look at your inputs more in the morning. Thanks very much!

rshurtz

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Al,

I had a chance to review log 3 here is what I found.

1. On the Stug's smoke shot the Shermans Target Size would apply. No change to your result
2. in Q7 when the 548 attempt smoke after the RFP had been placed FFMO still applies, so the 2 (-1) shot would make it a KIA
3. On the cc in T7 the Ami 347 was pinned +1 ambush. This would have made the German ambush successful.
4. When the Ami 347 was eliminated in cc only half of the German prisoners would rearm the other half would remain unarmed A20.551

That's it for now.
Randy

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
These are all great pick ups and exactly what I was hoping for. Thanks Randy! I'll have the last of the logs posted soon if you care to check 'em out. After that I'll compile them (with corrections) as an AAR that someone learning the game may find helpful.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here's the last two log files. The game ends pretty quick. I completely flub an ITT critical hit determination but I catch it later and make the proper correction...I think.

Attachments

rshurtz

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Al,

Log 4 I only caught one miss. The units in T7 were overstacked this would have added a -1 to the shots from the Sherman. also on the mg shot were you rolled snakeyes you had that as a NMC but should have been a 2MC. So that stack would have suffered even more :).

Log 5
1. On the CH in s6 when adding -2 for Case N it is a CH no need for a dr. You missed random selection between the 8-0 and hs.
2. When s9 fired at s7.1 it was a 6+2 you rolled 2,2 which is a 1MC not NMC so the prisoner would have passed and the hs failed.
3. The Y5 Sherman could have tracked T4 in rout make his DFPH shot an 8th +1 which would have been a hit.

Interesting to review how a few miscalculations impact the overall results.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Randy, you’re aces! Thanks very much!

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gents,

I've attached the first 3 log files of a solitaire game of SG2 Fitzgerald's Fire. These logs take you through the end of German T2. If anyone is interested in a quick perusal to point out my glaring rules errors, I'd be appreciative. You can be as in depth or cursory as you want. I'd appreciate any feedback.

Logs were made using VASL 6.4.1. There may be an overlay that you can't see but it won't affect the replay. It's the Singling Map border that I reference in the Overlay Extension help file. You don't need it. Also, I forgot to record these without my password so you won't see concealed units but for the most part, it's pretty easy to figure out what's what. The two M4s that enter on T1 have the Gyros.

Thanks.

Al
Another item you've potentially overlooked is the how to set up units beneath the top counter of a non-concealed stack concealed in such a way to not reveal info to your opponent of the actual unit(s) yet without adding a concealment counter to them so as not to give the impression of too many units (hope that all made sense?:confused:). If you take such units and conceal them off-board, expand the stack then select the concealed units beneath the "?" counter (they'll still have the little "?" annotation on them), you can place them accordingly retaining their concealed status. You just have to remember to un-conceal them once play starts (or you opponent may do so as he acquires a LOS to them-you can of course work out the details). Randy has seemed to get most everything else I noticed on the 1st three files.:cool:

Sully

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just looked at the first log and it looks like you forgot to place your sniper counters. :oops:

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Another item you've potentially overlooked is the how to set up units beneath the top counter of a non-concealed stack concealed in such a way to not reveal info to your opponent of the actual unit(s) yet without adding a concealment counter to them so as not to give the impression of too many units (hope that all made sense?:confused:). If you take such units and conceal them off-board, expand the stack then select the concealed units beneath the "?" counter (they'll still have the little "?" annotation on them), you can place them accordingly retaining their concealed status. You just have to remember to un-conceal them once play starts (or you opponent may do so as he acquires a LOS to them-you can of course work out the details). Randy has seemed to get most everything else I noticed on the 1st three files.:cool:
Even easier, you simply conceal everything below the top counter and then hip the ?. After both sides do concealment gain, if they gain, unhip the ? and move it up or if they don't gain, delete the hip ?.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks guys. It’s been tough for me to find time to play live against someone so Im trying to play more solitaire. Of course we know the problems solitaire play can introduce. So I really appreciate your looking over my shoulder to catch my mistakes. Someday I will play more against a another person and want to be ready. Merry Christmas guys.