Proofers needed for BV scenarios

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
From Brian on Consim:

HELP WANTED

Guys,

I need six or so "blind proofers" to go over the ASL scenarios in Beyond Valor.

It'd be best if you had the originals so that you can compare and make sure we have all the right tanks in the right scenarios.

Please drop me an email (subject BV SCENARIO PROOF or something similar so I don't overlook it) if you're interested. You should expect to receive the scenarios this Sunday, and we'd like to have feedback in a fairly timely manner, say a week? That'd give you about a day per scenario.

Thanks for your (future) assistance!

Brian
Some of these had to be re-laid out since we're including out-of-print scenarios in the expanded BV. There will be the original BV scenarios plus these oldies but goodies.

And before you ask, I don't know which ones made the cut. You'll have to wait a bit longer to see who won the pool. :devious:

ross

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Brian's email is still byouse@cablespeed.com, correct? If yes, then I've already offered my help directly to Brian.

BTW, will the extra BV scenarios continue with the numbering sequence that comes after FK&C (which would be 111, 112, etc.) or is some other type of scenario ID going to be used?

Will any (known) errata be included in the updated scenarios? I know that ASL4 - Commissar's House should have Level A booby traps instead of the originally published Level C.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Do we have any information as to the aformentioned scenarios being updated for balance/errata? I'm guessing that, since he's looking for straight proofers to crosscheck older versions, the scenarios are verbatim reprints? If so, I hope MMP chose good ROAR-balanced scenarios.

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ross said:
Brian's email is still byouse@cablespeed.com, correct? If yes, then I've already offered my help directly to Brian.

BTW, will the extra BV scenarios continue with the numbering sequence that comes after FK&C (which would be 111, 112, etc.) or is some other type of scenario ID going to be used?

Will any (known) errata be included in the updated scenarios? I know that ASL4 - Commissar's House should have Level A booby traps instead of the originally published Level C.
Hey Ross:

Right address.

Dunno any details on this stuff. Brian should fill you in once he's ready to send it out to you. My presumption is that the errata will be applied and a list of errata will be sent to you to look for. That's how it was done with FKAC's scenarios.

K

jhull

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm interested in getting back into ASL - found this forum which seems to be great.

Where on ConSimWorld did you get this info from Brian? Is there an ASL forum over there as well?

(Sry for co-opting this thread - it's sort of related...thanks)

Jack Dionne

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
jhull said:
I'm interested in getting back into ASL - found this forum which seems to be great.

Where on ConSimWorld did you get this info from Brian? Is there an ASL forum over there as well?

(Sry for co-opting this thread - it's sort of related...thanks)
If you havn't been welcomed yet let me be the first. Welcome. Lots of good guys here and they know thier stuff.

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi jhull

Thanks for the interest in ASL!

Go over to the Consimworld forums. We maintain a folder for the company in Game Company Support and an ASL folder in World War II Boardgames. Look under the series games folder.

K

paulkenny

Reaction score
kdalton said:
From Brian on Consim:

I need six or so "blind proofers"...
Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldnt you want your proofers to be able to see? :nuts:

caa

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So how is the proofing going?!? I am eagerly awaiting my copy of BV3, so I can justify purchasing the rest of the modules. I would have volunteered to get it in my hands sooner, but not sure if I could do much good as a noob.

Regards,
Chris.

Warman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
paulkenny said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldnt you want your proofers to be able to see? :nuts:
Seeing is not needed to play ASL. My Russian troops in Hill 621 are running blindly into MG fire and dieing really well. :dead:
Sorry a little off topic, but could not resist.