Prokhorovka! Q&A

sebosebi

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Regarding PRK22 MOL

Using a MOL in CC only increases the probability of generating a burning wreck, not increasing the chance of eliminating it, except = is elimination not immobolization? The actual CC attack vs vehicle remains the same, regardless of modifiers. Was that the intent?
Correct

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Are the Scenario cards and the pages from the game smaller than the standard paper size? I put them all in sleeve protectors and noticed about a 1/2 inch on each side. The height is perfect. This is my second Advancing Fire product after Brevity Assault and I am very pleased. My only gripe with BA was the maps paper (too thin) and the counters (punch was weird), that has definitely been fixed as the maps are a great thickness now and the counters are fantastic. The pages are a bit too glossy for my taste but nothing to write home about. I also would have preferred more 'serious' animation style (if that makes sense?) but again, the illustrations look awesome and accurate. The smaller pages don't hurt anything either...except my raging OCD. :") Job Well Done. Excited to see what comes next!

gbartlett2001

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I understand that AFVs in a revetment are Hull Down, but do they also get the +1 TEM. I know that normally an AFV that takes HD status doesn’t get any TEM but am not sure about the revetment, can the developers clarify that for me. Thanks.

sebosebi

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
I understand that AFVs in a revetment are Hull Down, but do they also get the +1 TEM. I know that normally an AFV that takes HD status doesn’t get any TEM but am not sure about the revetment, can the developers clarify that for me. Thanks.
The starting point of the rule is that a Revetment is like a Trench except as declared in 2.17.1-3.
So B27.52 applies (with the exception).
2.17.1 TEM statements emend B27.3.

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I noticed that the scenarios are listed as versions. Are there any chances that when new versions of the same scenarios are released that the starter kit scenarios in Prokhorovka will have full ASL capability?

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Am I correct in my understanding that this product was supposed to come with counters? I just unboxed mine and it didn't have any counters in it at all and even though I'm sure this will be corrected I'm kind of bummed out.

Zakopious

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Are the Scenario cards and the pages from the game smaller than the standard paper size? I put them all in sleeve protectors and noticed about a 1/2 inch on each side. The height is perfect. This is my second Advancing Fire product after Brevity Assault and I am very pleased. My only gripe with BA was the maps paper (too thin) and the counters (punch was weird), that has definitely been fixed as the maps are a great thickness now and the counters are fantastic. The pages are a bit too glossy for my taste but nothing to write home about. I also would have preferred more 'serious' animation style (if that makes sense?) but again, the illustrations look awesome and accurate. The smaller pages don't hurt anything either...except my raging OCD. :") Job Well Done. Excited to see what comes next!
In Europe, standard paper size is A4 (8-1/4 x 11-3/4 in).

Sven

'Fin(n) Fan
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The starting point of the rule is that a Revetment is like a Trench except as declared in 2.17.1-3.
So B27.52 applies (with the exception).
2.17.1 TEM statements emend B27.3.
And just to clarify: An assembled 5/8 " mortar set up in a revetment at game start is NOT considered emplaced (?)
Thanks!

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Am I correct in my understanding that this product was supposed to come with counters? I just unboxed mine and it didn't have any counters in it at all and even though I'm sure this will be corrected I'm kind of bummed out.
It should have. Contact them direct, I'm sure they will help out.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
And just to clarify: An assembled 5/8 " mortar set up in a revetment at game start is NOT considered emplaced (?)
Thanks!
I see no reason why it wuld not be emplaced. You can be emplaced in a trench so you can be emplaced in a revetment but only if you are a mortar.

Sven

'Fin(n) Fan
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I see no reason why it wuld not be emplaced. You can be emplaced in a trench so you can be emplaced in a revetment but only if you are a mortar.
From the Index:

"Emplaced Gun (Any Gun which has not been hooked up to a vehicle and has not been moved from its setup hex during the scenario [EXC if it set up on a paved road]. Such a Gun [and its manning Infantry] are entitled to a +2 Emplacement TEM): C11.2-.3"

So is the Emplacement TEM for the mortar in the revetment +2 or +1?

sebosebi

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
From the Index:

"Emplaced Gun (Any Gun which has not been hooked up to a vehicle and has not been moved from its setup hex during the scenario [EXC if it set up on a paved road]. Such a Gun [and its manning Infantry] are entitled to a +2 Emplacement TEM): C11.2-.3"

So is the Emplacement TEM for the mortar in the revetment +2 or +1?
Emplaced condition gives the Gun +2 TEM, so it will have this TEM also in the revetment. We will make an errata to specify this exception.

ColinJ

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
In the order of presentation, there is a section "4.0 PRK Optional Rules". I don't see a section 4.0 in the rules? What does this section reference? Perhaps it refers to the Hillock rule modifications on page PRK16?
Thanks!

sebosebi

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
In the order of presentation, there is a section "4.0 PRK Optional Rules". I don't see a section 4.0 in the rules? What does this section reference? Perhaps it refers to the Hillock rule modifications on page PRK16?
Thanks!
It's a typo, we finally chose to not insert Optional rules for the release. We have a couple of them important and we will post later on the "Support" section of our site.