Prokhorovka! Q&A

ibncalb

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Might as well get it set up. Remember, real men start with the first scenario....

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Real men, perhaps. But Real Men start with the CG right away, reading rules as they go.

ibncalb

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
2.17 revetment.

A vehicle can only enter INTO a revetment via the NCA hexsides.

Can a vehicle enter the revetment hex and remain outside of the revetment as it could do with a trench (risk of bog etc?) or does it act as terrain impassable to vehicles if entered through CA hexsides.

sebosebi

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Yes it may enter in a Revetment hex remaining outside the Revetment, since Revetment it is treated as a trench, so BOG must be checked. Revetment is like a trench enterable by vehicles, but only with the specific maneuver.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I saw someone moan about the shadows on the orchard trees, how they might mess up LOS.

Orchards are inherent....
But if the Orchards are inherent and extend to the hexsides, then the shadows might fall on ADCACENT hexes...
[EXC: at 12 o'clock noon]

;):LOL:

von Marwitz

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
But if the Orchards are inherent and extend to the hexsides, then the shadows might fall on ADCACENT hexes...
[EXC: at 12 o'clock noon]

;):LOL:

von Marwitz
Only during a "Lahaina Noon".

Zakopious

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Prokhorovka has two scenarios which are said to be starter kit friendly, PRKSK1 & PRKSK2.
I thought that if I had the starter kits and Prokhorovka that I should be able to play these scenarios.
This appears to be true for PRKSK1 but PRKSK2 requires a German 75*INF gun.
I could not find the required gun in the starter kit counters or the Prokhorovka counters.
The required counter is found in the Beyond Valor counters.
This is likely not a huge problem because the gamer who has Prokhorovka probably also has Beyond Valor.
In the event that a SK only gamer would attempt to play PRKSK2, the Italian 75*ART gun in SK#3 could be used as a poor substitute.

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Scenario PRK8 Attack from the Psel

Special Rule 5 states "dismounted", was this meant to be dismantled ?

Confused on Map and Set Up Boundary Configurations:

VC Question:
Are Russian Units as defined as EVP in hexes 3O24, 3O25, 3O26, 3O27, 3O28 considered Southeast of Hexrow I for VP purposes?

sebosebi

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Yes it means "dismantled", i will put it in the errata

VC Question: "on/southeast of hexrow I" means in hexes of hexrow "I" or greater (all the hexes on/to the right of the hexrow "I" if you see the map straight), look the compass in the scenario card. Maybe "on/south-southeast of..." or "on/east/southeast/south of...) could be a bit better but that is the meaning. So hexrow 3O and also 4O are considered "southeast of hexrow I" for VP purposes.

TomaszKucharski

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Questions to Scenario PRK 11:

1. How many Fire Missions receive german and russian OBA?
  2. OBA Table German (C), Werfer-Abteilung 102 receive one mission of 150 mm, HE and/or Smoke?
  3. Special Rule 2, russian MTR BM obr. 37 may setup Emplaced, so also HIP?
  4. Russian reinforcements (no T-34s and T-70s) enter on "Turn 4 to Turn 8". Can all units enter on Turn 4? Do you give the player a option to e.g. split the units for different turns?
Best regards

Tomek

sebosebi

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Questions to Scenario PRK 11:

1. How many Fire Missions receive german and russian OBA?
  2. OBA Table German (C), Werfer-Abteilung 102 receive one mission of 150 mm, HE and/or Smoke?
  3. Special Rule 2, russian MTR BM obr. 37 may setup Emplaced, so also HIP?
  4. Russian reinforcements (no T-34s and T-70s) enter on "Turn 4 to Turn 8". Can all units enter on Turn 4? Do you give the player a option to e.g. split the units for different turns?
Best regards

Tomek
If not differently indicated normal ASL rules are applied, i.e. an exception to the ASL rules must be explicitly declared.

1. Each OBA module may receive a number of OBA missions until the number of Black chits indicated in the OBA Table [EXC Rockets, see 2.]. PRK15 rule applies.
  2. Yes, as per C1.9
  3. Yes
  4. They can enter all on Turn 4

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Regarding PRK22 MOL

Using a MOL in CC only increases the probability of generating a burning wreck, not increasing the chance of eliminating it, except = is elimination not immobolization? The actual CC attack vs vehicle remains the same, regardless of modifiers. Was that the intent?