PROKHOROVKA! game on pre-order now at advancingfire.com!!

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
My copies been ordered by a couple of others .

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I admit I am somewhat interested, but I won't preorder - I'll wait for reviews. The only stuff I preorder has to at least come from designers and producers I already know and who have done products I liked.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Which could end up with this never coming to print ….

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I am aware of that, but I'd say that's the risk one takes as a publisher, when trying to establish a (hopefully good) reputation: if the decision is made to only publish big and expensive products, they will probably have to take the risk of publishing without filling preorders.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I have the first two and they are good products that were let down by IMO not very nice counters and poor quality map paper( too thin) , this next one has improved counters and replacement ones for the previous two, I’m hoping that the map paper will be better . If the latest material for Prok is anywhere near as good as FNtR it will be really good I’m getting my copies in payment for clipping and doing an exchange of some rare things I had spare.

Last edited:

76mm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I pre-ordered a few days ago. We'll see...

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Before I pre-order, I am curious about the maps...

I found the paper used for the maps in Brevity and Biazza to be ridiculously thin and of poor quality...I experienced a couple of small tears just unfolding the maps, even with exercising care. The low quality of the maps had a very negative impact upon my customer experience with the products.

Are the maps in Prokhorovka made from the same grade/thickness paper as the maps from the previous two products?

I completely understand that higher quality paper equals a commensurate increase in customer price, but the purchase price of the product is significant enough to justify customer insistence on higher quality components.

Semper Fi!
Scott

sebosebi

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Before I pre-order, I am curious about the maps...

I found the paper used for the maps in Brevity and Biazza to be ridiculously thin and of poor quality...I experienced a couple of small tears just unfolding the maps, even with exercising care. The low quality of the maps had a very negative impact upon my customer experience with the products.

Are the maps in Prokhorovka made from the same grade/thickness paper as the maps from the previous two products?

I completely understand that higher quality paper equals a commensurate increase in customer price, but the purchase price of the product is significant enough to justify customer insistence on higher quality components.

Semper Fi!
Scott
Hey Scott, we worked on that, PROKHOROVKA! maps will be more the double the thickness of Brevity/Biazza ones, 170g/mq vs 80g/mq... In Brevity/Biazza we paid our inexperience, our problem was that the previous print partner could not fold the maps thicker than those with its machines, it wasn't an economic problem... now we changed print partners, currently we are working with the same of the game "From Salerno to Rome", so that will be the standard.

I hope to reprint a second edition of Brevity with Battleaxe operational/ASL campaign + complete countersheets included (and thicker maps ), we will see... also Biazza could be reprinted, but only if we can offer something more on the Sicilian campaign, for that we are seeing...

Cheers to all

Sebastiano

Last edited:

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Hey Scott, we worked on that, PROKHOROVA! maps will be more the double the thickness of Brevity/Biazza ones, 170g/mq vs 80g/mq... In Brevity/Biazza we paid our inexperience, our problem was that the previous print partner could not fold the maps thicker than those with its machines, it wasn't an economic problem... now we changed print partners, currently we are working with the same of the game "From Salerno to Rome", so that will be the standard.

I hope to reprint a second edition of Brevity with Battleaxe operational/ASL campaign + complete countersheets included (and thicker maps ), we will see... also Biazza could be reprinted, but only if we can offer something more on the Sicilian campaign, for that we are seeing...

Cheers to all

Sebastiano
now this is VERY good news and glad to hear, prok will be a great release , the quality of FStR was excellent and if Prok is following in thise Dane footsteps with the counters of similar production it will be a winner for sure!

Last edited:

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Scott, we worked on that, PROKHOROVA! maps will be more the double the thickness of Brevity/Biazza ones, 170g/mq vs 80g/mq... In Brevity/Biazza we paid our inexperience, our problem was that the previous print partner could not fold the maps thicker than those with its machines, it wasn't an economic problem... now we changed print partners, currently we are working with the same of the game "From Salerno to Rome", so that will be the standard.

Cheers to all

Sebastiano

Grazi mille, Sebastiano...I apreciate the detailed response, and pleased to hear about the improved paper. Looking forward to this and your future products.

Semper Fi!
Scott

Last edited:

ibncalb

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
The FStR maps are great, however the counters with their extra mid side attachments are not good.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
The FStR maps are great, however the counters with their extra mid side attachments are not good.
Have not noticed this , was waiting till I got suitable storage boxes before punching and clipping them, the counters are away better even with that than the brevity and other module counters , which are being redone .

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Thanks. Oh Lord not yet more demands on my meagre pension???
No nothing to do with ASL It is a standard Wargame , the first of a three part series covering Italian campaign

Last edited:

Maxwelk1

Reaction score
First name
Lafajita
Country
llUnited States
now this is VERY good news and glad to hear, prok will be a great release , the quality of FStR was excellent and if Prok is following in thise Dane footsteps with the counters of similar production it will be a winner for sure!
Hey Scott, we worked on that, PROKHOROVKA! maps will be more the double the thickness of Brevity/Biazza ones, 170g/mq vs 80g/mq... In Brevity/Biazza we paid our inexperience, our problem was that the previous print partner could not fold the maps thicker than those with its machines, it wasn't an economic problem... now we changed print partners, currently we are working with the same of the game "From Salerno to Rome", so that will be the standard.

Cheers to all

Sebastiano
This is great news, and I will gladly purchase the re-release of Brevity, and await the reissue of Biazza, not to mention Prokh.!