Prokhorovka! By Advancing Fire

THE GOOD
quality components, and the love the author place inside!
THE BAD
at the moment nothing
ORIGINALITY
5.00 star(s)
PRESENTATION
5.00 star(s)
FUN
4.00 star(s)
PLAYER'S VERDICT

9 'Superb'

fabiofotomoto

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Hi, here a short review of this new product: It cames in an hard box ( not hard paper as the MMP module but more similar to the one used in Fight for Seoul) printed in a matt paper with a very hight standard quality and this a preview of you can find inside. Opened we find the rules and the scenarios cards. Rules are 20 pages on semygloss paper, the pages have not holes for the rings and need to use plastic sleeves to protec them ( but generally every one use sleeves so is not big problem). The rules pages cover SSRs for the game, the CG rules and footnotes. Than we have 13 pages of historical analysis of the battle with an interview with Christopher Lawrence author of "Kursk : the Battle of Prokhorovka" rich of photos and maps to understand well what we are playing:). The scenario card are printed in the same size of the rules but on an harder paper, there are 12 scenarios, plus 2 SK scenarios and the CG cards.
There are inside 4 sheets of counters: they are really beautiful, fantastic graphic design, perfect in colors (see photos in which they are compared with BV 3rd ed and some BFP counters) and well cut. Included there are the replacement counters per Biazza Ridge and Brevity assault. Finally 8...yes 8 Historical maps to play, the paper is Matt with a very hight quality ( open ground is not flat color but a melange who gives deep to the maps) and the paper is more hard than the previous of the same author ( the paper weight is the same of MP if not a little harder)
I belive this one is a superb module, and all the "young mistakes" done in the previous products are been corrected here.
PS sorry for my poor english.

Attachments

Maurizizio

Reaction score
First name
Maurizio
Country
llUnited States
I was supposed to skip this one, too big, too many counters, needed too much time to play .... I end up buying two boxes!!!!! It is a great product, not yet played any scenarios but looks wonderful. A lot of maps! Only one minor comments: it looks like the AF and ROF of the counters is not as readable as the other counters (MMP or TPP). But it might be only because the AFV figures are slightly bigger. I will play it soon.

Dan Lepore

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Fabio thanks for the review. It really looks great. Nice to see ASL maps and counters having more detail like new war games. Based on what you said I will look into this.

andrea pagni

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
one thing that i don't like is that the pages with the rules don't have holes to allow them to be inserted in the rulebook. annoying.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What have they figured out was the MP cost of moving through hexes that contain both roads & buildings? Is it the same as bypass on a narrow village street, the normal road entry cost or something else?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
What have they figured out was the MP cost of moving through hexes that contain both roads & buildings? Is it the same as bypass on a narrow village street, the normal road entry cost or something else?
Wasn't there something in the 'Perry Sez' folder about this recently? My memory might fail me, though...

von Marwitz

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wasn't there something in the 'Perry Sez' folder about this recently? My memory might fail me, though...

von Marwitz
I know there was some discussion about it because of a geo-board configuration containing a similar situation but don't remember that there was a resolution to the matter.

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Do you mean this thread?

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
At this scale...it's miniatures on cardboard.
I guess that's ok for miniature enthusiasts or for ASL players that can't afford miniatures...

But for TRUE ASL players...it's a bit out of scope.