M Faulkner

Disgruntled Democrat
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llUnited States
Thanks - I think I've seen this too.
Translating such aerial photos into ASL hexes is a 'design for effect' kind of challenge. You can't be too literal because not every bit of terrain fits or is necessary. Reading this type of photo in itself is kinda sketchy but its still of very good use.
I have learned that…

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
(i´m sorry but can´t remember his name)
Perry Pender is the name that you are looking for Michael.

He has definetly quit and last I heard is enjoying Warhammer - I bought his kit on eBay. All I got was standard ASL stuff - no work in progress on anything. What has happened to that is anyone's guess...........

Great news that Grenadier is back up and running 👍

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Perry Pender is the name that you are looking for Michael.

He has definetly quit and last I heard is enjoying Warhammer - I bought his kit on eBay. All I got was standard ASL stuff - no work in progress on anything. What has happened to that is anyone's guess...........

Great news that Grenadier is back up and running 👍
Thank you, Joe.
Yes, Perry Pender was the guy and he owns the stuff, though i think he put it in the download section here on GSF back then!?

Yes, Grenadier is still alive. The date for next year is validated.

DonWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is generally the area that I was referring to before which is where the main action happened for the Grain Elevator, and which could be converted into a HASL overlay to be used with the RB map. Note the paved road running top-bottom which was both a road and an adjacent RR line if I recall, similar to the road/RR tracks on RB.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Vic, yea. I have such a sketch for the Grain Elevator - as accurate as I can make it - that in fact could be an overlay used on the RB map - in the center of the map on the west side where the RR tracks are located.
Don, we could try to put Tom to work on it but really, I want MMP to do it in an official publication, not as a Dispatches HASL. I can dream anyhow...

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
View attachment 23003
This is generally the area that I was referring to before which is where the main action happened for the Grain Elevator, and which could be converted into a HASL overlay to be used with the RB map. Note the paved road running top-bottom which was both a road and an adjacent RR line if I recall, similar to the road/RR tracks on RB.
Getting the right terrain on the overlay will be the trick, it could make it feasible.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sketch required in order to turn it over to the resident ASL mapboard artist, Charlie Kibler.

DonWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sketch required in order to turn it over to the resident ASL mapboard artist, Charlie Kibler.
If you know Charlie is still involved - that's something good to know. I hope he's still 'on the case'. But prior to Charlie getting involved, MMP needs to be involved. Prior to MMP getting involved would require us guys out here to first get something going that makes sense to them. That involves at the very least getting something play tested, which needs first a Tom Repetti VASL map so that guys have something to PT upon. Then, once we have scenarios that are PTed and have a good colorized VASL map - MMP would look it over and decide if they want to do it at all. At least this is what I believe needs to happen.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Oh, it's a bidding war now, is it? I'm to be replaced by cheap Canadian labor?

Buy USA, Don! I've got KIDS TO FEED!
Hey, just because Psycho is my snuggle bunny doesn't mean I'm cheap! And to be honest, after a week in Cleveland, championing "buy USA" is... questionable. :devilish:

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
I could work for sure. Would need gamemaster Tom Repetti here to VASLize a sketch... (uh, Tom?)
Good luck with it, I hope MMP gives it a real look whenever you have something to submit to them.

Bad comes to worse we can find a home for it in Dispatches but it deserves official treatment, Vic.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What, Canada isn't just another state?