Products that I'd like to see MMP produce

DonWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I always have a wishlist of stuff I wish MMP would eventually produce. Some of them realistic, some probably not. But I thought it would be interesting to see what others think.

My list is (aside from Slaughter at Ponyri which goes without saying - though I'll say it):

• Medium sized (half board max) Historical overlays / scenarios to go with them in AP or WO format. Not as extensive as a full HASL due to battle scope, but closer than what we can cobble with existing boards.
  • New Counter sheets for existing nationalities. Tan Afrika Korps / Khaki North Korean counters. A little color here would go a long way. (still prefer the simple 'black / background' MMP artwork however vs. colorized)
  • More Geoboards, including those that are more 'theater specific' - Ukrainian fields, Italian hillsides, Normandy hills, North African ridges, Generic terrain, etc..
What are yours?

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Same as now. Do not take their focus off from producing
  • Core Modules that extend the game system spacially and temporally
  • Quality HASLs that offer deep dives into interesting battles
  • Quality scenario packs & journals that extend & support published products
My spending will stay focused on quality system design instead of game parts

DonWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm hoping to gauge what sort of products would be something MMP might actually think about doing. I'm not interested in my or your own 'I want' list, but trying to figure out what is both something we hobbyists do want and which also MMP could find it smart (economically - a must) to publish. IOW, naturally to make it worth their while, there must be a lot of guys wanting the product and it must make sense economically. Gotta have our hobbyist and business hats on.

Little bitty projects or add-on products - probably not a lot of profit to make it worthwhile. So, while I too would like some of these things above, I don't think they'd fly. If I'm right here, what then would fly?

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
All the core modules are done. You could add extra modules covering different theatres like the SCW or Indochina or even later wars. That would be interesting. Otherwise I am most keen in seeing more HASLs. The APs and Journals will probably continue to be released - so that's not an issue.

Wayne

Doing Plenty, Kinda Slow
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
... there must be a lot of guys wanting the product and it must make sense economically. Gotta have our hobbyist and business hats on.

Little bitty projects or add-on products - probably not a lot of profit to make it worthwhile. So, while I too would like some of these things above, I don't think they'd fly. If I'm right here, what then would fly?
Shrug.

MMP is already doing an overlay bundle. That offering requires serious scissor time to fully access and is anything but convenient to use, re placing the overlays securely for play.

Who wouldn't rather have pre-cut self-adhering colorforms-tech overlays instead? It's be totally new and clearly superior to the cardstock bundle. (Not to mention colorform transparency potential.)

I expect it'd be a grand-slam product. I'm kinda puzzled there'd be doubt re its salability.

This product advertises (500+ pieces on) four sheets for $20 ($5/sheet). Overlay bundle contains 34 sheets -- extrapolate to $170, double to $340 for greater printing/cutting complexity?

That's all a SWAG so instead set whatever price that safely works, and p-number it? If number not met, sigh, but so it goes. If the pre-orders are placed, then good to go, hmm?

[Granted, no risk or work to me re realizing something like this, so I'll say no more except that I'd likely buy 2x copies.]

Kijug

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
I don't mind overlays, but I'd prefer more boards for options. Also, like KW, more geo boards that also go together for larger terrain options/bigger cities, large villages, wider open areas, etc. But then could also be used separately.

David Reinking

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think it would be cool for MMP to put out counters for those situations noted in Chapter H notes for which the counter also represents a different vehicle with differing MP or AF or perhaps the Finnish 47mm AT gun which is currently represented by the Finnish 45L AT counter. Perhaps combine it with a Rare Vehicles/Ordnance pack.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
like you need more counters.
Not for myself but other people, this has been asked for several times in the past and there are markets for them you only have to look at BGD and CH for the proof, the people that bought from them probably would of bought official sets if available.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Same as now. Do not take their focus off from producing
  • Core Modules that extend the game system spacially and temporally
  • Quality HASLs that offer deep dives into interesting battles
  • Quality scenario packs & journals that extend & support published products
My spending will stay focused on quality system design instead of game parts
These are all ideals I would love MMP to pursue, if the core modules and the rules were always in print, we stand a much better chance at getting newcomers to get into ASL.

Myself, I would love to see a HASL based on either Burma (Kohima) and/or Papua New Guinea (Kokoda Trail). A couple maps for the main battles and some half-board overlays for some of the smaller villages they fought over. That would be PTO FUN!

VonHutier

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
These are all ideals I would love MMP to pursue, if the core modules and the rules were always in print, we stand a much better chance at getting newcomers to get into ASL.

Myself, I would love to see a HASL based on either Burma (Kohima) and/or Papua New Guinea (Kokoda Trail). A couple maps for the main battles and some half-board overlays for some of the smaller villages they fought over. That would be PTO FUN!
Agreed, and Kohima would be my preference....I love the ASL PTO !