Problems Using Deluxe Sized Hexes Option

ibncalb

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I'm a big fan of this, posted quite a bit about it.

However, not all maps work correctly with the "use deluxe sized hexes" option.

Here are some signs/symptoms that the option won't work perfectly

1-when you reload the scenario the map has reverted to normal hexes.

2-if someone syncs with you they see normal hexes and have to recalibrate

3-LOS thread not measuring correctly I.e. Measuring 4 hexes whilst the range is 12

3-upon loading (normally if 1 or 2 is correct) a few counters have moved, as if they were aligned to the normal hex grid.

4-sometimes counters are not visible to the owning player, but are to the opponent, until the opponent moves them slightly.

5-a strange problem with HIP cloaked units, although this may be related to 4

I've discussed this with Doug. AFAIR the Orsogna PT map where we first identified the problem was not coded correctly (don't ask me for details).

I checked a few others at random, KGP St works fine for instance, but random normal boards do not. SME does not work correctly in deluxe.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason.

As it's a real niche issue I never pursued it.

Does anyone else have anything to add?

PresterJohn

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I have tried this too with the current versions and see the same thing. I only mention this now but hesitated because of the work involved, but for normal scenarios I would have been happy with an expanded hex option that was two and a bit counters wide to allow better organization in dense games eg separate ground level and first floor stacks.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
We continue to work on this. There are several ways to cut this cheese and we are currently looking at a different approach than previously. It is showing promise but we have two bugs that we need to sort out.

This will not "fix" the current problems. Rather it will replace the current approach with a different solution that will not be subject to the same issues as you are seeing.

ibncalb

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Thanks. I'll continue to post issues in this thread.

I mentioned above that the KGP ST map works in deluxe.

It does except the range counts using the Los tool are way off.