Problem with latest version?

shadow

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello,
In the latest version posted, I, as the Axis selected the Pre-war builds on turn 1 and....nothing happened: no units, no news strings, etc. I am just wondering if they appear after turn 4 (where we currently are) or ....? I guess I am also interested in making sure that if I do not receive the builds that my opponent does not receive his either :D

Mark Stevens

Europe Aflame Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
ll
Never heard of that one before. For what it's worth I just did the same thing and the reinforcements appeared. You couldn't have accidentally 'double clicked' on the Theatre Option could you? I.e. turned it on, then off, before closing the Option screen?

All I can suggest is that you try again. I know that wastes three turns, but don't know what else to suggest. Did your opponent get his extra Russians?

If anyone else has noticed this, please do post here and I'll look at it.

Shadow, can you let me know what happens if you try again?

RavenStrike

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mark, Just experienced the same issue. I asked for the addition force on turn 2, and now in turn 5 they have not yet appeared. Haven't asked Raver if he got the Russians.

Raver

TOAW Ironman
Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
I hadnt noticed any additional Russians as of our last turn.

Mark Stevens

Reaction score
Country
ll
What a tosser I am. The last modification made the 10 point USEV for the Germans and Russians rearming variable as 50%. However, that same Event is also the trigger for the arrival of the reinforcements. So, if the 50% chance of the USEV increasing didn't trigger, neither would the reinforcements.

I guess that it's not been noticed before as, whatever the manual says, 50% chances normally do occur and so would the reinforcements. It's odd that no one's had this happen since November.

Entirely my fault, sorry for anyone who's missed out on their extra troops.

I've changed the chance of the USEV to 100% and will post a correction on the sticky.

Apologies again. :eek:

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For the record - to respond to Shadow - I did not get my guys either (Russians).

Now that you've fixed that problem, do we have to re-download the scenario? How can we incorporate this into our current game?

Mark Stevens

Reaction score
Country
ll
If you saved the turn where the Axis player chose 'Pre-War Builds' you can open it and press the option again - although it was set to 50%, it does trigger more often than not. You'll only know if it's worked the following turn.

Failing that you can (i) play on without the PWBs (ii) download the new SCE and start again.

Sorry.

RavenStrike

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
New potential problem

Axis declared war and invaded Denmark/Norway. Brits/france declared war on Germany. Belgium allows Allies to enter Belgium. POLAND JOINS ALLIES. Is that supposed to happen? All Polish units become active, and Axis theatre options no longer contain invasion of Poland option.

Mark Stevens

Reaction score
Country
ll
Yes, it's deliberate, and is covered in the Full Briefing.

If you really didn't realise you should probably start again before the Warsaw mechanised brigade rolls down the Unter den Linden.

Given that Britain and France had formally guaranteed Poland against German aggression I think it's inconceivable that the Poles would then have stood idly by while the Germans fought them. Hitler had spent months threatening the Poles about the status of Danzig and a corridor to East Prussia.

If the Poles had just sat there while Germany won in the west, they must have realised that they'd be next on the menu. Or, that Germany had given the USSR a free hand in the East.

RavenStrike

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
New question on a bug (at least I think it's new).

Raver (Allies) attacked the Vichy in the Levant. On the next turn all Vichy in North Africa came alive. Bug or change in this version?

Mark Stevens

Reaction score
Country
ll
Hopefully neither. I just ran a test and that didn't happen.

Are you certain that Raver didn't simultaneously move adjacent to any units of the Vichy North Africa formation? Even a navy passing by the Vichy fleet en route to the Levant would trigger it. (Would an Allied aircraft unit overflying do the same?)

There is one North African Vichy HQ that starts activated, this is to allow the different garrisons to be linked up for supply purposes. That hasn't been shipped/airlifted to the Levant has it - if it were, then an attack on that HQ would trigger the rest of the North African formation?

If neither of these, then I'm at a loss, but - as I say - I've just run a test myself and it worked as intended (i.e. Vichy individual formation by formation.)

Let me know, as I may need to look harder.

Cheers

RavenStrike

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanx Mark, you figured it out. Raver did ship an engineering unit via the Med and ran right past the Vichy ship along the NA coast. That must have activated the units rather than the attack in Syria.

Thanx.

Mark Stevens

Reaction score
Country
ll
I was hoping that must be it. When passing near known inactive Vichy formations, you really do need to 'steer' the moving units well away from the coasts, rather than just click on the eventual destination.

JAMiAM

TOAW III Project Manager
Reaction score
Bah! All's fair in love and war! Let them eat croissants! The silly English pigdogs violated Vichy territory and they must pay!

RavenStrike

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jamiam is right, but also the Brits sent an infantry division out the Syrian sea supply road to take out my Vichy ship, so this will make us even. :devil: