Problem Installing the Moscow 41 Mod

McHugh

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I tried to install the Moscow 41 mod following the steps that Philippe indicated but I ran in to an issue with the mod from Volcano which is the first one that needs to be installed. There is a folder in the mod called "Netherland" but there is no such folder in the Moscow install (1.05) and it won't allow me to paste that folder in to the installed game. Any help would be much appreciated.

eastwindrain

Reaction score
Country
ll
From memory the Netherland folder is NKVD units. This is a required extra nation folder to play the mod as per the OOB.
I like to install mods this way, and always patch this way as well, because sometimes my art mods are overwritten !!!. And I don't want that.
Unzip mod to a new folder in a location of your choice, then open it in a new window and inspect the goodies.

Now open the destination folder ( game ) in another window, and drag and drop the files you require to the correct folders.

Hope this helps as I ain't gett'in any younger.

Last edited:

McHugh

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Thank you very much for your reply. The procedure I have been using to install a mod is open each folder of the mod, copy the files in the folder and then paste those files in the corresponding folder in my game install. I just installed the Volcano mod for Tobruk 41 but only the graphics files and not the alternate scenarios.

As Moscow 41 was my first attempt at installing a mod, I assume that I can merely install it's Volcano mod like I did with Tobruk 41? I am confused as to what the installation of the other two mods including the one by Philippe adds?

eastwindrain

Reaction score
Country
ll
Both the mods can just be unzipped straight into the game folder, you will be asked if you want to overwrite some of the original files.
Secondly if you use Volcanomods you should install ALL files including alternative scenarios as a lot of game play factors are altered, this is contained in the pdt, oob, etc files.
Better to visit the Blitz wargames site where you will find many fellow wargamers who will help and point you in the right direction.

McHugh

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Sorry but I have one more question. I noticed that after installing the mod the Brits don't have the camoflauge tanks as shown at the Volcano site. Thanks again for your help.

eastwindrain

Reaction score
Country
ll
Ok are you playing a volcanoman Alt scenario which should include his extra art.

McHugh

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yes I am. I installed all three Moscow 41 modules in the order as per the instructions of Philippe. Specifically, Volcano mod, Jilson mod, Philippe mod. Here are a couple of screenshots of the Kalinin alternative scenario. In the first screenshot note the absence of the motorcycle graphic for the unit. In the second I chose an infantry unit. As you can see the graphics are the same as the HPS version except for the background.

Taking your advice, I have registered at the Blitz so will check the forums there for some answers. Thanks.View attachment 46014View attachment 46015

eastwindrain

Reaction score
Country
ll
When the unit art does not show up in the game it's because
1 It isn't there
2 It's spelt incorrectly

So as these are germans they should be located here
Moscow'41 game/German/Units folder
I checked mine so you are looking for 41 Mot Inf, 41 PzGr, MG Inf.

eastwindrain

Reaction score
Country
ll
Hi McHugh are you running under windows 7 or 8 make sure the games are installed thus, C/HPS Simulations.
And not like this, C/Program Files/HPS Simulation, which used to be the norm.
I just remembered that this can cause mods and patches to install to a different location.
Hope this helps.