Problem after merge

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There seems to be a problem:

after voting in the Combat Mision poll which game is the best, you are taken into the thread/poll about which German General is best.

Looks like forum numbers mixed up or something.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Going back to the poll I want I also see it titled with mixed up forums:

Go Back The War-Forums > Warfare HQ > Resources > General Wargaming & WHQ News
Reload this Page For all you Combat Mission fans - favourite version of the game?

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The ACG people seem to have lost some of their smileys, I see : bowdown : and yesterday something else.

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Redwolf said:
The ACG people seem to have lost some of their smileys, I see : bowdown : and yesterday something else.
never heard of bowdown...the old smileys work though if you remember them :scream: :toast: :D

trauth116

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
There seems to be a problem with the polls after the merg -seen it on a few threads; also based on what I seen the Admins are aware of this and are working on it.

There was a poll on the Panz Campaigns thread about what games you own - and when you get there it was something like what was best the luger P-08 or the p-38 (er oops :hush: ) well it happens I guess :)

mr_clark

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Would be nice to know why my postcount dropped more than 50 posts after the merge... Not that I want to be a troublemaker, I just want to know...

JAMiAM

TOAW III Project Manager
Reaction score
mr_clark said:
Would be nice to know why my postcount dropped more than 50 posts after the merge... Not that I want to be a troublemaker, I just want to know...
Because posts in the old Free Fire Zone, and Off Topic forums no longer count toward rank, or post count totals.

It makes it really funny to be reading someone's post, and look to their info on the left, only to see that they have 0 posts... ;)

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Also, you will notice that there used to be a forum specifically for locked threads. That is now gone along with all the posts that were in it. The officer's forums has also been discontinued for now. And finally, as JAMiAM already stated, posts in the "Current Events & Off Topic" forum no longer count toward total post count.

In addition, sometimes people delete a post or an entire thread, but their post count does not get updated as it should. When we did the import, we also ran the full set of diagnostic and maintentence tools that ensure everything is correct.

mr_clark

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Don Maddox said:
Also, you will notice that there used to be a forum specifically for locked threads. That is now gone along with all the posts that were in it. The officer's forums has also been discontinued for now. And finally, as JAMiAM already stated, posts in the "Current Events & Off Topic" forum no longer count toward total post count.

In addition, sometimes people delete a post or an entire thread, but their post count does not get updated as it should. When we did the import, we also ran the full set of diagnostic and maintentence tools that ensure everything is correct.
Well, the current events thing was before, (just 500 posts, yes I know spammer :D ) but I was shocked again by loosing another 50 to 60 posts when I locked in after the merge, hell, if this keeps on I'll never be an Officer again :sad:...

CyberRanger

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
trauth116 said:
There seems to be a problem with the polls after the merg -seen it on a few threads; also based on what I seen the Admins are aware of this and are working on it.

There was a poll on the Panz Campaigns thread about what games you own - and when you get there it was something like what was best the luger P-08 or the p-38 (er oops :hush: ) well it happens I guess :)
Brian and I worked on this yesterday. We believe all polls to be fixed now but please let us know if you still find one that is wrong.

JDS8072

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
When it was just ACG by itself, I was the ultimate spammer type person. I had over 3500 post alone. I was number 3 in the top ten standings. Most of them fast blasts. But since y'all have cut down, I shall be more about quality instead of quanity.

Viking67

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jeremy Scott said:
When it was just ACG by itself, I was the ultimate spammer type person. I had over 3500 post alone. I was number 3 in the top ten standings. Most of them fast blasts. But since y'all have cut down, I shall be more about quality instead of quanity.
It got to be scarey. I'd look down the new posts list on the FFZ and notice that all of them were by Jeremy!
:eek:

Priest

Reaction score
I'd have to agree that this merge didn't go well, lost more posts and my Yosimite Sam avatar went.....somewhere. I really do hope that this is the last for a while.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
One of the other reasons we did what we did with the FFZ (now Current Events, Politics & Off Topic) forum is because at one point we talked about clearing out the older posts on a regular basis. Several members suggested having the forum automatically prune all the posts in that sub-forum that are over 12 months old. There is very little that get posted in this particular forum that someone would have need to access after a lengthy period of time. All the really important discussions that have substantial content are posted in other areas. This forum simply serves as one member put it, "as a coffee shop where members can gather to chat." I think that's a good analogy.

That is one of the reasons we decided not to count posts in this forum. If these posts did count and we cleared them out on a regular basis, then members would constantly be losing posts and we didn't want that.

Another argument for clearing out the older FFZ posts is because as the forum grows larger and larger, it tends to run slower and slower. The search index grows huge and every time someone uses it there is a substantial server overhead.

JeremyScott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is why I started completely over. I want to become a serious writer on here. I am also wanting to represent the acg forum in a positive lite and myself as well.

mr_clark

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
JDS8072 said:
Hell, at least you have 1.500 left... I am not even an officer anymore and that is a bad hurt for my ego... :D

foster

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have never understood what the big deal is with rank, your rank dosent get you anything here does it? It just rewards you for posting.

mr_clark

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
foster said:
I have never understood what the big deal is with rank, your rank dosent get you anything here does it? It just rewards you for posting.
Yes, but I feel more rewarded by "Colonel" than by "Master Sergeant"...

Richa333

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
JeremyScott said:
This is why I started completely over. I want to become a serious writer on here. I am also wanting to represent the acg forum in a positive lite and myself as well.
Well I took you seriously before the merge; your youthful rambunctions were fun! And I take you seriously now. It's pretty easy (for me anyways) to spot when you are letting off steam versus when you want to make a point. It's all good. ;)

Dicke Bertha

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
foster said:
Really, they told me if I joined and became an officer, I'd have plenty of she-folks.

In real life, the best rank is private. That is the height of the quotient between responsibility/command. (Actually, the combat assignment of deputy rifle fire-pair chief was always held high ;) ). The worst rank is Lt/1st Lt as in platoon commader, my what pains you have for so little joy. When things go right, everyone knows better than the Boss, when things go shit, noone says bottle. (Swedish). :rolleyes: