Probably A Real Dumb VASL Question

AnewNewbie

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Being slightly computer illiterate,I was wondering how you keep the control window up as it keeps disappearing when you move counters etc.Just wondering. :?

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ah,.. it should go to the "background" when you select the map window to move counters. Without changing the programing source code for VASSAL, I know of no way to keep the control window "on top" all the time.

I just leave the control window at the bottom of the screen and size the map window so it doesn't quite cover it.

Of course, it helps to have a 19" monitor. :)

Perhaps I haven't understood your question. If that's the case, give us more information...

Sam

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Important: remember that you can write your messages even if the focus is on the map window.
--
Nicola

da priest

Reaction score
AnewNewbie said:
Being slightly computer illiterate,I was wondering how you keep the control window up as it keeps disappearing when you move counters etc.Just wondering. :?
Well unlike Sam I keep my control screen off to the right hand side(only play small scenarios ya know:)). In VASL4 I also keep the unit/counter screen there...

But like some dudes Iwill be converting to two CRTs and puting the Control window, etc on the smaller one... :p