Prisoners in bypass

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
A HS guard with [quite a few] prisoners attempts to bypass a building that contains friendly units at ground level. Enemy fire scores a lucky NMC which CRs the guard while leaving the prisoners mostly intact. What happens now?

This took place during the last MPh of a scenario, but outside of any consequential activity. As a result, I was happy to go with an unresearched, best guess:

1) put a CC counter above the Location;
2) allow TPBF at the unarmed units from the units inside the building Location (or regular fire from outside the Location) - building TEM applicable; Since no Melee, shots against unarmed units cannot affect friendlies:
3) remaining units enter CC with no possible Ambush.

Using the above, the prisoners survived all fire, but were promptly executed during CC. RIP.

...but was this played correctly?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
NRBH but by recollection when a guard dies, if there is another eligible unit to assume guard duty the prisoners are taken by that unit. I don't think the rules change that if the (now dead) guards are moving and the potential guards are not.

JR

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
NRBH but by recollection when a guard dies, if there is another eligible unit to assume guard duty the prisoners are taken by that unit. I don't think the rules change that if the (now dead) guards are moving and the potential guards are not.

JR
You recall correctly as per A20.5:

Should the Guard unit be eliminated, any unit capable of accepting their transfer (disregarding phase) may immediately assume the Guard position.​
The fact that units were moving let me doubt that this should apply. Seemed better to require recapture... I guess the HoB got me!:eek: