Prinz Eugen #8 "Former Allies"

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
George, my Germans are set to attack Joss' Bulgarians in this scenario next week. I'm having trouble understanding your intent with SSR2 regarding building 23E4. I just want to make sure I understand it correctly.

"The 23E4 building is a church and is treated as a factory with a steeple location in 23F4."

Since Rooftops are not in play, the Factory Rooftop Access Points would appear to be moot, and if treated as a factory they are not in play as stairwells either. It would still be a level 2 1/2 obstacle due to the square 'stairwell' notations on the map.Fire wholly within the confines of the building would have open LOS and incur the +1 factory TEM/+1 factory hindrance, fire coming from outside would get the normal +3 stone building TEM. Due to 23F4 being SSR'd as a steeple location (by rule having an inherent stairwell), this is the only hex containing a stairwell.

Do I understand it correctly? If so, I have two questions concerning the steeple hex.
1) Is the steeple location itself at 2nd floor level [2], or level 3 above it?
2) Does a level one [or level 2] exist on the staircase that can be fired upon/fired from?

Thanks!

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yes.

Steeple is at level 3

Staircase exist in the steeple hex that goes from ground level to the steeple level 3, the MF cost being 3 (level 1,2,3).